CajunCustom

How do you display your decals

i was wondering how everyone here displayed their decals ? do you print one out and put it on a certain item  , do you have a book of logos , and do you have them precut , i figured most would have precut to make sure it came out right , this guy displays his online forsale on the back of a macbook but he must use alot of decals cause thats how he sells everyone

post-88381-0-62717400-1412012444_thumb.j

I would guess he has taken a photo of the computer then just puts his decal over the image. That's what I've done before with some windows. If done right you really can't tell that it's "not real".

• Like 1

That example would just be two layers, a photo of the computer and the decal design, combined together in a graphics program like Illustrator, Photoshop, Inkscape, etc.

There is typically no need to ever make anything before it's sold these days. Look at anything on a site like Cafepress for example. The design is just superimposed onto the product so you can see what it will look like when it's made.

I would also recommend staying away from designs like that. The characters belong to Disney and they could get the listing pulled and maybe even his account suspended if he has done stuff like this in the past.

Ya he has alot of stuff thats im sure copyrighted i just used his picture for a example , im just trying to figure how to display to sell , i havent got my cutter in yet , i would hate to have a image for sale and go to cut it only to find out the image is bad , or the size will not work , in a vector will it lose pixels if you make it larger ?

By definition Vector images do not contain pixels and thus can be resized with no loss of quality.
  • Like 3

I do photoshop mock ups of everything. No point of wasting material that could bring money. I keep all my swatch books handy so the customer can see real life color/texture. Here is an example of what I will show the customer prior to actually making the stickers. 

post-84967-0-76087800-1412024038_thumb.j

• Like 3

wow they look real , both are photoshop ? any certain place to find the mock ups or just basic files off the internet

There are tons of templates out there just google free psd mock ups. These however I had to make myself...doesnt look like anyone makes a koozie mock ups 

• Like 1

I wish I had known to use the terminology mock-up in searches for free files before. I have bought some stock photos to use. I guess if I had thought harder I could have come up with that! I always learn something new on here! Thanks!!

MB - Do you heat press Koozies?

being these are psd they cant be used with corel correct ?

Not sure...I only use Adobe. Anybody else know??

I wish I had known to use the terminology mock-up in searches for free files before. I have bought some stock photos to use. I guess if I had thought harder I could have come up with that! I always learn something new on here! Thanks!!

MB - Do you heat press Koozies?

One of my good friends has a heat press that I use when necessary.  I haven't had enough requests for shirts/koozies yet to justify purchasing one but I do keep the HPV around for those 1 off requests. 

ok so i got photoshop 6 and did my first mock up here it is i didnt edit the text thought just learning one thing at a time

post-88381-0-89192800-1412098960_thumb.j

• Like 1

Hey Go-C

Did you use Photoshop to put your logo on those 4x4 mock ups.  Wasn't sue if AI could pull that off.  I'd be curious on how you did it.

Thanks

You can use Illustrator or Photoshop to create mockups. Grab a picture off of Google and play around with it. It's pretty easy.

Hey Go-C

Did you use Photoshop to put your logo on those 4x4 mock ups.  Wasn't sue if AI could pull that off.  I'd be curious on how you did it.

Thanks

My apparel vendor provides this on their website.   I simply upload my graphic and position it on their templates.  

After that I download the image you see.  

• Like 1