Sign in to follow this  
Laceylp

Not sure how and messing it up

I have no idea how I did this but I converted this image into eps and every time I cut it, there are lines between colors, empty space that looks quite weird. I have tried over the whole weekend using node edit to fix and I can not get it right is there anyone here who may be able to help me out?

Thanks for any consideration.

Lacey P. Wesley

Eagle EPS.EPS

Looks like your colors aren't lined up correctly causing more cut lines than necessary. Not sure what software you used but if using Illustrator release your compound paths and make the different colors individual solid shapes as opposed to "cut through" shapes. This will allow you to line them up and cut with ease.

post-84967-0-88459800-1412011688_thumb.j

That may be because there is empty space between some of the colors. Are you going to cut and layer this?

Yeah it's a pretty "dirty" vector. I cleaned it up some and removed some of the double cuts that you really don't need. Grey first then Blue then the Yellow and it will layer ok now. There are still some cut through areas in the lower feathers that probably don't need to be there but may help ilne up the yellow. Lots of nodes that could be cleaned up if you're bored.

Eagle.eps

Thank you I continue trying to my own and have done many singles and doubles but this extra layer is seriously testing my patients and skill. I appreciate all the feedback and help. I am positive your clean up was better than my weekend tries. LOL I was so frustrated at one point I thought of smashing computer and cutter. LOL Thanks to all who looked and I will try more. I appreciate it all!!

Lacey

Is this what you are after, Broke it apart and got rid of the holes. little late you beat me to it.

Donn

Looks like you guys are tripping all over yourselves to get something posted...

Evidently, the OP was preparing the layers to be inlaid, rather than stacked.

Perhaps to cut and press this graphic in HTV ?

If this is correct, they probably dont want 3 layers of vinyl, stacked one on top of another.

This makes for a pretty heavy hand.

Here's the corrected file, smoothed over and the layers punched for inlaid installation

(therefore, the layer edges are matched and no need for node editing to tighten up any 'gaps') ;

post-43059-0-65914300-1412017138_thumb.p

Eagle_Inlaid.svg

Eagle_Inlaid.eps

• Like 3

Skarekrow...I like a thinking man....

You're the best!

:rolleyes:

Sue2