Sign in to follow this  
101LEDs

Split Shipping, no other realistic shipping options

Why ship from 2 locations without contacting the buyer? Just happens that what I needed most won't be delivered until after it was needed. So I had to order it elsewhere. A simple email or call to ask if splitting an order is ok too much trouble? 

So never order on a Thursday, your order will sit on a truck for 3 days in the heat/cold before Delivery Monday. Have a backup plan just in case you have to wait 6 days for a second delivery. And hope everything is undamaged by the time you get it.

It took 4 attempts just to checkout, not sure where the bug is but there is one in the system. My info was correct so it's not on my end.

Overall my first shopping experience on the website wasn't great, maybe next time will be better.

http://www.uscutter.com/index/page/static/subpage/shipping_info

They have and ship from 2 warehouses, one in TN and the other in WA. I very rarely get anything that arrives in a split shipment. It all depends on what they have in-stock at each location at the time of your order. I guess a split shipment is better than no shipment.

Most of my orders are delivered from the TN warehouse and take 2 business days. I think that is pretty fast. Saturday delivery is available for an extra cost. Saturday and Sunday are not business days and FedEx does not deliver, unless you pay them extra $ to.

Young ones I remember when everything came from Washington and I had 6 order monday to get it Friday, if I was lucky. That being said most other places I order from list inventory by location or at least show multiple shipments at checkout.

I placed an order this spring and it came from 3 places...Memphis, Washington and Oracal (Georgia)  but I don't count on 2 day delivery... I order vinyl and other items long before I run out,, when I am at 1/2 50 yd roll usually.

I think the TN warehouse might have come with the Sign Universe buyout. That and GreenStar vinyl.

Not everything needs to ship Fed Ex. They are losing money on the piece coming from Washington and will have to make it up somewhere... USPS would of been a better option, cheaper and faster for the size/ weight of the item. 

At checkout my only other (unrealistic) option was next day for $120+  which is not the real price. Don't get me wrong, I have orders shipped next day from all over the world via DHL but I don't have to pay a markup on it. I would of paid for Saturday delivery if given the option, I'm guessing that the system knew it would be coming from 2 locations and thats why the option wasn't presented.

I don't know how they ship for $9.99  shipping   but I like it..... I purchased a large order  a few weeks ago...(6)  50 yd rolls  over 80 pounds.  for $9.99    

A couple of years ago  a 24" Graphtec and over 30 rolls of vinyl  $9.95 shipping..

• Like 1

I don't know how they ship for $9.99  shipping   but I like it..... I purchased a large order  a few weeks ago...(6)  50 yd rolls  over 80 pounds.  for $9.99    

A couple of years ago  a 24" Graphtec and over 30 rolls of vinyl  $9.95 shipping..

The people with small orders over pay for shipping to cover some of the cost for people who underpay for large orders. It works to a point, once the balance changes the shipping will go up. 70 pounds is the limit for $9.99, they must like you ;)  

I have been buying with UScutters for years..  2 Graphtec vinyl cutters, and thousands of feet of vinyl.. I am sure the website didn't know me from Adam,  that was the price that showed up at check out..  My orders are usually large, and I order online. 

I purchase from another vendor also. Different brand of vinyl...As long as you purchase $151  Shipping is FREE. That is only (2) 50 yd rolls. It does not matter how many rolls you buy or what it is..  With 1 day shipping to me from Chicago area.  Been using them since 2007..  Great service...

H&H supply,is at Sturgis, Ky  and offer 1 day to you on most items,

Always check for the best deals out there......  I don't purchase all from UScutter,   My transfer tape comes from Michigan,  Also a 1 day ship...and always great service there...  I purchase a 48" log and they slit free.  

The people with small orders over pay for shipping to cover some of the cost for people who underpay for large orders. It works to a point, once the balance changes the shipping will go up. 70 pounds is the limit for $9.99, they must like you ;)

I think it must be one single item over 70 pounds. I've ordered close to 800 pounds in vinyl before and was only charged $9.99 shipping. I know, a set of weights would be a cheaper workout.

• Like 2

First part of order arrived Monday, Siser color guide was stuffed into the tube and every page was ripped along the way. 2 x banner blanks arrived in white and not clear as ordered. Called and they fixed it, guy actually sounded surprised that there was only 2 things wrong with the order..

Replacements arrived today, color guide is in great shape this time but once again the x banner blanks were wrong. Clear as they should be but in the wrong size this time.. :huh:

post-87856-0-62733500-1412261884_thumb.j

What did you do to piss them off? LOL! I have only had issues once or twice and they fixed me up for nothing except time lost. I have actually had two other times where they sent too much. I ordered 100 exacto blades and they sent 2 packs and I ordered 5yds of HTV that was surely a 10yd roll. I definitely call it even steven. 

• Like 1

I think the TN warehouse might have come with the Sign Universe buyout. That and GreenStar vinyl.

No....the Memphis Warehouse was my idea,actually. Marcus, the former owner,wanted another warehouse for faster shipping to the east coast. I suggested Memphis and he went with it.

Sign Universe was not a buy out...it was just another name that USC tried and it didn't fly. The buyout was when Marcus sold USC to Laird Plastics.

• Like 3

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BannerJohn" data-cid="373383" data-time="1412278461"><p>

No....the Memphis Warehouse was my idea,actually. Marcus, the former owner,wanted another warehouse for faster shipping to the east coast. I suggested Memphis and he went with it.<br />

Sign Universe was not a buy out...it was just another name that USC tried and it didn't fly. The buyout was when Marcus sold USC to Laird Plastics.</p></blockquote>

John I owe you a thanks because I stopped using uscutter years ago because of the shipping time and only came back after they opened the Memphis warehouse.

• Like 1

What did you do to piss them off? LOL! I have only had issues once or twice and they fixed me up for nothing except time lost. I have actually had two other times where they sent too much. I ordered 100 exacto blades and they sent 2 packs and I ordered 5yds of HTV that was surely a 10yd roll. I definitely call it even steven. 

Not a clue.. :huh:  All I could figure is that someone was in a hurry. All the vinyl was fine, thats what mattered.  B)

• Like 1

Cant say that i mind the shipping means, or the time it takes to get the material from TN since the shipping costs or ridiculously low.....but dammit, when I call for a question about the tracking number being "invalid", and the time stamp says "2 minute wait time"......dont let me sit there for 20 minutes holding with a long distance call only to cut the call off.......WTF?!  Sent an email a couple days ago, still no response....is there another way to find out where the last roll is? 

Cant say that i mind the shipping means, or the time it takes to get the material from TN since the shipping costs or ridiculously low.....but dammit, when I call for a question about the tracking number being "invalid", and the time stamp says "2 minute wait time"......dont let me sit there for 20 minutes holding with a long distance call only to cut the call off.......WTF?!  Sent an email a couple days ago, still no response....is there another way to find out where the last roll is? 

Here is another #  1-888 298 8143

• Like 1