Sign in to follow this  
lmthwing

is there such a thing as defective vinyl?

I am in the middle of a shirt order and the vinyl doesn't want to peel away from the plastic. I've never had this happen before. I have tried increasing the temperature and time but it doesn't seem to matter. The only way I can get it to release is by pressing very hard with the weeding tools and carefully peeling away. I am using the Siser EasyWeed in white. 

There is always the possibility of a bad batch of anything mass produced. Is it all from the same roll or different? No clue as to what would cause it though.

I had a roll of Siser silver metallic (looks like shiny foil) and it would NOT come off of the liner in one piece no matter what.  I  tried numerous times to cut anything, even a simple design, that would work and never could - I ended up trashing the roll.  

I had bought it used from a forum member, so I couldn't send it back.  Not sure how old it was, but it was someone who wasn't in the business very long, so I don't think it got old...

you peeling hot or cold? Supposed to be able to go either way but I usually peel immediately.