Sign in to follow this  
TVW

MH-871-MK2 Cut Press Issues

I have an MH871-MK2 and it has been working flawlessly but in the past day I have noticed cuts becoming weak.

I have adjusted the blade numerous times and tried a new blade all together. Even with the blade all the way down, it still won't cut smoothly. It cuts the design fine but weeding it is difficult, especially on smaller things. I even bumped the cut press to 120 with the blade maxed out and it didn't help.

I have a project due this week that needs to be done right so I'm hoping it's something easy....any ideas? Anything to check? I noticed some grease on the case, could something have broke? Like I said, it still cuts, it still looks like it's doing its job, it just doesn't seem to cut smoothly through the vinyl which is why I am worried maybe whatever controls the press could be broke?

Thanks!

I would start with:

1. cutting strip- does it have gauges? if so your vinyl is falling into it.

2. try a new blade.

3. then try a test cut ( I think its a square and a diamond). 

4. remove the plasic cover, make sure the plunger moves freeley up and down, and is not getting stuck or hung up. I have an old MH1351and the plunger/ magnet motor would stick- I replaced the carriage (50.00)  and works fine now. (edit- fine for its age and expected accuracy).

I tried a new blade with no luck and tried the test cut. It sort of hung up in 2/3 cuts in the corners of the box. 

I'll take the cover off in a bit and see if I see anything, thanks!

the carriage blade holder should move very-very easily with light touch of the finger.-my old one made a slight grinding noise.