jaybyrd

help help help

My qe60+ won't fire up this morning. The screen comes up but it never goes past where the arrows light up 1 by 1. I'd post a pic but that's not working today either

If I release the pinch roller it'll boot to the point of saying load media but when I close the pinch rollers it still says load media. With the rollers closed it won't even go through the startup.

Stuck on my phone cause Internet acting stupid but if that's the manual I already have a print version here. This is plain weird

Yeah it was just the manual. Figured the troubleshooting section may be able to help you. Sorry.

No need for sorry. Damn Internet access is down on pc too. What's the chance a virus could kill a cutter? Starting to wonder.

I guess you can try the factory reset if you haven't already. Turn power off, hold down the "up" arrow button (^) and turn the power on while holding the button. 

:wacko:  

There are days when I hate dealing with machines!

Just LOVE it when they run perfect one day and the next morning nothing works.

Sue2

Yep perfect last night and fried today. Yeah I tried the reset just hoping somebody else will know what wrong because I'm starting to think the board is fried. On my backup lp2 right now but believe when I say it is on a different level than my qe60+ as far as quality and working efficiently.

Not that I'm aware. Computer was still on when I came in today just the cutter crashed out.

I don't think so this time it gives the impression of a bad board. It just doesn't want to boot up.

but if it starts to boot with the rollers released - sounds like some connection - like maybe a cockeyed ribbon cable or something

When the last arrow lights it attempts to move the head toward the keypad if that's a clue. By attempts I means I can just feel it nudge, not even enough to see. Wonder if a bad motor could cause this