Sign in to follow this  
smokey13

Chatter on left to right movement FIXED!

Problem solved guys! Blade holder was actually worn at an angle and I guess it was dragging as the cutter pulled back. Put some 180 grit sandpaper on a block and twisted the blade holder on the corner of my workbench until it was true again. I then hit it with 400 grit then 800 grit. Cleaned the blade holder out with WD-40 then reinstalled blade with a drop of 3-n-1 oil in holder itself. Just cut 4 65 inch long by 24 inch wide graphics and they are as crisp as ever. I hope this helps ya'll out!

Happy cutting!

Gary

I posted this in a reply on another thread. I'm thinking about making a jig to put in the vise so the blade holder can be trued up 100%. I guess running it for a long period of time with the vinyl rubbing against it just wears the blade holder. I did this with the same blade and same pressure settings, etc. so I know this was the fix! I'm tickled with the outcome!

• Like 2

Thanks for posting this. The blade holder on mine is metal, I don't see any plastic parts. See below, the silver blade holder is metal. Is this how yours looks?

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d112/ericlecarde/eBay%20private%20album/cp.jpg

I think all the copam blade holders are aluminum - did you try a drop of lightweight oil in the holder after cleaning?

3-n-1 oil will attract dust like a magnet. You would be better with sewing machine oil...or even better clock oil...if you can find any.

• Like 1

Good to know. I just ordered some Liberty clock oil from amazon. Ill see how it works.

clock oil is designed to keep clocks and watches running without gumming up. You made a good choice.