Sign in to follow this  
Jburns

simple question for CS6 users-- Saving an outline.

So I have used the pencil tool to trace an image in CS6. Very happy with results.

I go to toolbar- hit VEW- Outline- and I see my image I traced. Cool!  Now how do I save JUST my outlined image. Every technique I have tried saves the outline and the original image. I have searched for an hour for a how to--but I am sure some here have the answer.

thanks in advance.

If it were me, I'd save the complete image as it is, with both components. Then I would delete the base image, leaving the outline and the "SAVE AS" using a different name. 

so Im asuming that you have imported or opened a raster image to trace, now your workspace is a raster image with a vector path over it?

go back to preview mode, and just delete the starting image from your workspace so all you have left are the paths. Then save as a different file name as to not lose the original image.

what program are you using to cut? SCALP or Flexi ?

Thanks guys for the tips- i will try and delete the starting image in the workspace-- I am running Signblazer- I ahve Flexi Pro on another laptop just havent become familiar with it yet- been using blazer for years and pretty fast.