Sign in to follow this  
nunavik

Graphtec CE6000 - Reading Registration Marks

I am a new user of this and am having ahell of the time to get the machine to recognize the registration marks consistently when I am do a Print and Cut. I am getting registartion error or not enough on x or y. This would occur after cutting successfully the firsty of many sheets all printed at the same time. i have tried adjusting the x and y values for the ARMS sensor. Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Morrie

I had trouble with reading registration marks at first. I made sure to increase the registration mark thickness to the maximum and it has worked much much better. I don't know why some would work for you and others wouldn't.

The marks are already at teir thickest. I was moving the tool to the registration marks manually. For some reasopn I thought I read or saw that suggestion on one of the tutorials. Then read that someone suggested leaving it where it stops when loading the paper and going front of sheet. Tried that and it worked. At least until the next time. I suppose it is all part of the learning process of a new piece of equipment.

Same problem, I had to make sure my Registration marks were AT LEAST 1" in from the edge of the media on all sides. I bought 8.5 x 11 ink jet photo sticker paper thinking i could cut full color decals well it turned out I can only do up to 6.5 x 9 because of the registration/roller gap..

You could try sticking your 8.5" x 11" print on a larger carrier sheet/cutting mat and do it   Walmart sells them,  Uscutter sells them..   Pinch rollers would be on carrier sheet./cutting mat, not your print...I believe I even read  some use an adhesive spray and stick to old vinyl wax paper backing...as long as it is larger than the print and plenty of room for the pinch rollers.

http://www.uscutter.com/Replacement-Carrier-Sheet-for-Graphtec-Craft-ROBO-CC330L-20-Silhouette-2-pack

• Like 1