Sign in to follow this  
BAM

WOW

So, I called this guy about an add he was selling a Gerber Envision 15 I thought It printed and cut as well .. Little did I know it only cut.. He offered it with a price tag of 5,000... With a rent to own option.. I thought before calling this might be a good deal if it prints and cuts thats awesome.. I looked up the envision and the one i looked up did metallic and regular printing so I thought HEY THIS WILL BE AMAZING!! Anyways  I call the guy and he informs me its only a cutter, but its great for sandblast and magnetic cutting and its industrial so it will be the best cutter i've ever used.. So I say Its only 15 in how do you justify the 5,000 price especially since its almost 6 years old he said that it could cut anything you threw at it.. So I said well why not get a graphtec or a Roland He replied, " Well IF you want to get a F** ING Piece of Shit roland Go right Ahead But My Gerber was 15,000 new and its the best you can get.. I have no doubt Its an amazing cutter But He Called Roland SHIT!! ? LOL That gerber must be The Best cutter ever to be calling a ROLAND SHITTY... He got so offended when I asked why not get A roland.. ? I really Don't know why it was a serious question I wanted to know why the gerber was sooo much better he really could not tell me a specific reason just that it was better... HA well that was my story thought I would share if you want to see the add here it is..

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=25955588&cat=&lpid=1&search=vinyl%20cutter&ad_cid=3

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how wrong they are. typed as I watch my Roland GX-24 cut flawlessly again and again.

greenie

• Like 2

now I'm curious, I was thinking who in the hell would spend $15,000 on a 15"plotter so I looked it up, there are $10,950 right now new.

It sounds like a normal plotter to me.

I have the same question, is there something special about these plotters I'm not seeing?

btw, there are several of these on ebay for $1,500 - $2,000.

Maybe he needs $5k to break even on his $15k investment after 6 years of hard work. You should have asked how does the Gerber compares to a Cricut. That really would have got him going. >:D

• Like 2

goes with the gerber edge printer - nice units but have always been pricey.   pin feed and very accurate.  25 years ago gerber was the industy leader and pretty much standard.  we do need someone on here with an edge and envision set up just for when I need something printed on chrome like these that I dome.  it is like many specialty printers though if you can't keep it busy enough to pay for itself better for me to just order them when i need them

post-2742-0-41153000-1411490684_thumb.jp