Sign in to follow this  
restless-rooster

double cut issue

I apologize if this has been asked but o searched and couldn't find anything.

Every once and awhile while I cutting, the cutter (mh 871 mk2) likes to double cut the whole image. Is there a reason for this? What am I missing?

The design could be in layers,,  Make sure there is not a design on top of a design...Try and move part of the design away and see if there is only the 1 design..

Make sure that you don't have it checked to cut 2 copies.

I am not at my computer at the moment so I can't check but typically this happens when I trace an image rather than importing a vector (which I am having seperate issues with). So I would think when it gets traced it should only be one layer. I'll double check it when I get home.

Also when I do try to import an image, I can't import svg or eps files. It let's me go to open them but nothing shows up. Are vectors not supported?

An upload of one of your problem files would be helpful... or perhaps a mention of the software you're using?

Most likely user error but, without a detailed description of the steps you're taking and the above info,

it's gonna be hard to diagnose the problem.

An upload of one of your problem files would be helpful... or perhaps a mention of the software you're using?

Most likely user error but, without a detailed description of the steps you're taking and the above info,

it's gonna be hard to diagnose the problem.

Using SCALP3 and I have photoshop and illustrator for design. I'll upload my image as soon as I can.

You say you have illustrator, if you are using the merge function in Illustrator it will create an unfilled object in the open spaces within a design. These may still be visible in the cut-by-color pallet of SCALP. Best way to remove them is to select one in the layers menu and then use the select>same>Fill color and it will select them all and you can just delete them. I try to avoid the merge button. (This may not even be your issue)