ropie

Here is a crazy idea...

Would anyone know if it would be possible to convert a MH series cutter to a Titan 2? They physically look the same. If one were to replace the MB, carriage, LCD, USB board and motor would it work? Anyone have a Titan 2 they want to pop open and see if the interior shell is the same?

very crazy ideal but im sure the parts would cost about the same as buying on. On you not have a warranty big gamble u ask me

Looking at what is available as replacement parts, it would cost 660 for all the parr available (this includes 2 motors). I have a mh1351 so the equivalent titan 2 is the 53" which is $2395. So the possibility of saving $1700 is pretty tempting...

now find the rails the carriage rides on, cabling, etc..  ropie - think your great but the brownies had something special in them when you hatched this one LOL.  I have bought several used roland and graphtecs for less than you are talking in parts

• Like 1

Lol Dakota. This the things electronics techs hatch up when we are bored. Sitting at the rifle range in Okinawa thinking how I can get a titan here since its to big to ship via USPS and the cost to FedEx to Japan would be close to the cost of the cutter.

• Like 1

I've got another crazy idea. Lets cut the corners off of $20 bills and tape them to $5 bills to make counterfeit twenties.

• Like 2

Man no faith here. Now I'm really tempted to try this out. If my guys and I can take a little iPod FM transmitter and increase its range from 3ft to about 3 miles, I'm sure we can convert a stepper plotter to a servo plotter.

• Like 1