Sign in to follow this  
LaurenCashwell

LPll wont cut

I was having connection trouble between my computer and Laserpoint ll.  Every time I tried to make a cut I got a notice saying there was no connection...I tried 2 other cables that I already had - neither worked. I ordered the Keyspan usb serial adapter.  I installed the disc on my computer.  Now when I go to cut something it doesnt say there is no connection anymore.  But, it wont go past "initializing" after I hit "cut"

Any suggestions of what I'm missing, doing wrong, need to do, etc?

Thanks in advance!!

Which keyspan adapter did you get? Not all work. If USB didn't work at first it might be a comm setting problem.

Keyspan High-Speed USB/Serial Adapter, USA-19HS

If this isn't the correct one - do you know which one I need?  On the cut menu - i switched the port from <Auto> to Com8(keyspan usb serial port)

Thanks for your help

You do have the correct Tripplite Keyspan adapter.....Did you also connect the serial cable that came with your cutter to the end of the Keyspan and then to your cutter,? as you must....

just curious  = have you thought about contacting support and having them run thru the set up with you . .  .it's free

I've tried the cable that came with the machine and it still wont go past "initializing"

My machine has worked fine for about 1.5 years.  This is a recent problem.  I tried to contact support, but there phones were down today.  I'm going to contact them asap...I was just seeing if anyone had a suggestion or knew what I was doing wrong because I was trying to finish some orders by Wednesday. 

Yeah - good point about the phone lines being down- what software are you using (I might have missed that somewhere)

I used the cable that came with the Keyspan.  I will try the cable that came with the cutter.  TY

You connect the USB connect of the Keyspan to your computer,,  then connect the serial cable that came with your cutter to the other end of the Keyspan,  then the serial cable to your cutter....

I have the usb end of the cable connected to my computer (All in One Dell comp) then the other end of the cable connected to the Keyspan...and that connected to my machine. 

I have the usb end of the cable connected to my computer (All in One Dell comp) then the other end of the cable connected to the Keyspan...and that connected to my machine. 

That is wrong, I sent you the instructions in PM,, I hope you can get it going..

• Like 1

I got it working.  Thanks for y'alls help!

Hello everyone, I'm having the same issue as Lauren was having. It doesn't pass initializing.  It's been fine for the past year. Please help if you can.

Thank you.