Sign in to follow this  
bradsc1954

Thoughts on Craigslist finds

Good Morning everyone,

I found to Graphtec plotters on Craigslist. I was wonder what peoples thoughts are.

The first is a FC7000-10 48 inch plotter. Says it is in working condition, with minor cosmetic flaws for $400

The second is a FC5100-130 54 inch plotter. Comes with red and blue knife holders, 2 media holders for $800. Also says it was serviced by a Graphtec dealer 2 years ago. Looking at the pictures, looks like it was better taken care of.

Peoples thoughts. I have sent email to both the ads.

Thanks

Brad

Offer 1/2 of what he's asking (for the 54") --  that thing is a huge beast, and he will not find many people willing to pursue it.

It's not like there's a ton of potential buyers for vintage vinyl cutters, and he is better with a bird in the hand than two in the bush.

either would be great cutters -just make sure the 5100 is in perfect working order as other members have found out that one is hard to get parts for as it has been out of production for many many years.  I had a fc 4100 and it was one of the best cutting plotters I have ever used = weighed as much as a goldwing but cut great

The first is a FC7000-100 48 inch plotter. Says it is in working condition, with minor cosmetic flaws for $400

As long as the only issues it has are cosmetic, this would be a steal.

• Like 1

Finding stuff on CL is easy, the people actually getting back to you is a crap shoot. (around here it is). For every 10 emails sent, Might get 1 reply.