Sign in to follow this  
Double A

Alright have a question for you graphtec guys

Just purchased this machine and still unsure about it.  I need something that is alot better than my Mh uscutter series.  My problem is this current uscutter isn't cutting small enough i have 600 2x3 decals to cut and need to know if this machine with handle it without a problem and finish all my cuts.  This is a huge investment if i do keep this cutter or just return it.

Thanks for any help here

Do the decals you need to cut have text? if so how small is the text?  do they have fine details in them? Can you post the .eps that you need to cut? 

It appears that the smallest text will be just under 1/4" tall which should not be a problem for the Graphtec CE series and definitely not a problem for the FC series Graphtecs.

However I hope that you are not going to cut from the .svg file. It looks like a low-quality trace.

It would be best to recreate the decal from scratch.

• Like 1

Very first thing I would do is re-type all the text, for sure.

The only elements that should be left alone are the 2 stylized V's.

Just remember, you are using pressure-sensitive vinyl material, and it does require some surface area of the adhesive in order to stick properly. The little apostrophe and mini comma are likely to fail to adhere very well.

Get rid of the sharp outside corners and lose the slit in the "a". weeding nightmare. 

600 pieces of these would be a nightmare. I would look into subbin it to a die cutter. 

I would think it would take like 2 weeks full time to weed them. I would poke my eyes out. 

Was working on a nasty one last night, after a few morgans, I poked the other end of the pick I was using thru my nose. Got a free piercing. 

• Like 2

That slit in the "a" (and the other letters I added one to) are only a liability on

a junk cutter or with difficult vinyl... otherwise it's a ~one pull~ decal. For me, it is

• Like 2

I disagree. 

I think if he'd getting a decent price for each decal and doesn't have alot of other job it's doable putting in a couple hours a night.   

I'd need a break after doing all 600 but I don't think it'd be too bad.  

It's one pull and picking out 8 points in each graphic.  

It would take 15-20 sec each and that's on the high side.  

4-5 decals a minute

in 15 minute I could do 45-60 

1 hour  = 180 - 240

Of course that's focusing pretty hard on the process.  

I'm thinking I'm still going to attempt these decals I mean I do have a ce6000 sitting in the other room that should handed the cut just fine. Does anyone have a reference for die cut companies I could price out just to see the quote and chose a way to go??

Or maybe you can find someone to go in with you and you can each do 300 or whatever.

Graphtec FC7000 with cheap ebay 45 degree blade (paid $1.25 shipped for 5 blades)

post-4069-0-85610000-1411186099_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Or maybe you can find someone to go in with you and you can each do 300 or whatever.

Graphtec FC7000 with cheap ebay 45 degree blade 

Looks good unboxong the ce6000 tomorrow and start to process all these decals this weekend hopefully.

That slit in the "a" (and the other letters I added one to) are only a liability on

a junk cutter or with difficult vinyl... otherwise it's a ~one pull~ decal. For me, it is

Can't keep up with you changing past posts all the time. Work forward man, not backward. Show your progress to a conclusion.

But anyway at that size what are you little slits, .020 wide even? I would think they would make the weeding more of a nightmare at that size than a blessing. And based off of my experience I would say no way to doing anywhere near 100 a hour as was suggested. I doubt even 1 a min from start to finish over the course of the job. That would be pushing it.

Looks good unboxong the ce6000 tomorrow and start to process all these decals this weekend hopefully.

How soon do they need the decals?

They just said sooner than later so I'd like to at least get them some to keep them happy then deliver the final amount.

Can't keep up with you changing past posts all the time. Work forward man, not backward. Show your progress to a conclusion. But anyway at that size what are you little slits, .020 wide even? I would think they would make the weeding more of a nightmare at that size than a blessing. And based off of my experience I would say no way to doing anywhere near 100 a hour as was suggested. I doubt even 1 a min from start to finish over the course of the job. That would be pushing it.

1 a minute?

no way.

I think after you cut out the first sheet you can multi task by having it cut the next 20 while you're weeding the first sheet of 20.   

By the time you're done weeding the 1st 20 you're next 20 are cut and ready for you to weed.  And the process continues.  

Where's all your extra time going?

At 1 a minute you should stick with print work. 2-3 a minute seems very doable if you focus on the task at hand .

Still have to mask it, cut them all square. Package. etc. I easily do 50 yards of 24" 751 here a week. Doing one piece or 5 pieces will not show you overall project on a big numbers order like this from my experience with them.

Its like running the thousand piece shirt orders. Yes, you can crank out 100 a hour, but thats pushing it to the max, after your first hour your down to 60, by the fourth hour your down to about 45. then you realize you have to sort all them, that again takes just as long as screening. its goes on like this, 

• Like 2

QUOTE> "Can't keep up with you changing past posts all the time."

I move in several directions at once, mopar... across Space & Time.

I'm the guy that's miles ahead and right on your tail.

Non-Linear & Un-Conventional.

nuff said.

• Like 2

How is it 2x3? It looks like roughly 2x5 to me. Is there a background or something to go along with the text?