PointOfExpression

24" wide format inkjet printer. Whats out there?

So I have been doing a lot of research lately on possibly upgrading to a 24" pigment ink printer for my full color stickers. Anyone know what printers are out there or have experience with? I have sen quite a few nice ones from the 1-2k price range.  It will be used to print full color stickers on inkjet adhesive vinyl that I already use.

Epson & HP make 24" pigment printers. I have an Epson 7900. They are good for indoor stuff and short term outdoor stuff. I paid $1700 for my printer. It was only a few months old and barely used. The guy was asking $2000, but took my offer. Look at searchtempest to see what's available close to you.

I like the printer. It prints great images. I've done photos, wall decals, banners, & canvas prints. I try to print a test page every day to keep the inks moving. Clogs can happen, but are easily cleaned by the printer. I bought refillable cartridges and bulk ink. Ink is about $0.045/ml. My last 2ft x 3ft banner print used 4.3ml of ink, about $0.20 worth. I'd probably multiply that by 1.5 to take into account for cleaning cycles and test prints.

So I have been doing a lot of research lately on possibly upgrading to a 24" pigment ink printer for my full color stickers. Anyone know what printers are out there or have experience with? I have sen quite a few nice ones from the 1-2k price range.  It will be used to print full color stickers on inkjet adhesive vinyl that I already use.

You mentioned in your post, that you make custom stickers.  What material do you use?  Could you send me a link? I am having the hardest time finding the right sticker material for Pigment Ink printers..

Thanks,

Marvin

You mentioned in your post, that you make custom stickers.  What material do you use?  Could you send me a link? I am having the hardest time finding the right sticker material for Pigment Ink printers..

Thanks,

Marvin

Marvin, I use papilio paper. Turns out great.