Sal316

Graphtec CE-6000 vs Titan2

I bought a Titan2 back in April for work, to do our own decals and now t-shirts. I caught the bug big time, and now I am looking at getting a cutter for myself. I am partial towards the Graphtec, based on all the feedback I have read here and elsewhere. Will I notice a big difference between the Titan2 and the Graphtec? I don't mind spending the extra money if I will notice the difference.

both are fine machines - having owned both but with that said I still own a graphtec

I have noticed that through reading the forums. I was going to pm you, but I thought it would be best to post here in case anyone else has the same question.

Should I take it then, without you coming out and explicitly stating it, that I will be happier with the Graphtec? :thumbsup:

if money is no object I take a graphtec every time  . . . but it is for everyone to decide what they are comfortable spending.  the titan2 did a great job cutting accurately - was well made, but after driving a Cadillac I didn't want a Lincoln - both ride nice I just have a preference

• Like 1

it is just deciding if the extra $400+ is worth it to you - I have used graphtecs for years and am very comfortable with them and depend on the reliability - if I was just starting I would think the titan would be fine

Being new to the industry, all I know is the Titan2, as I have used it for basic jobs at work. Now that I realize that I have an interest in this, I want to get the best cutter I can. To me this is a long-term investment, so the $400 is not really that big of a deal if I am getting a better value. I just don't have the experience with different cutters to judge if I am indeed going to be happier.

+1 on the Graphtec

arty, do you have experience with both cutters, or just love your Graphtec?

now if you want the best go with the fc - had and older one and it was one of the best cutters I have used.  seams like they are up to something like the fc8600 now - back then it was a 4100 and weighed as much as a motorcycle

now if you want the best go with the fc - had and older one and it was one of the best cutters I have used.  seams like they are up to something like the fc8600 now - back then it was a 4100 and weighed as much as a motorcycle

I probably should have mentioned that I wanted the best cutter I can get, in the $1000-$2000 range. If the FC8600 got delivered to my house I might have a little issue with the wife. :wacko:

• Like 1

I started with a MH-365 cutter to get my feet wet. Picked up a MH-721 cheap and after I made some money upgraded to the Graphtec. Still have the 365 for portable use and I use the 721 along with my Graphtec when I have rush orders. 

• Like 1

Resale is a consideration too and the Graphtec wins hands down in that category. I looked and almost bought an FC then found post about Summa. 

I only have experience with the Graphtec. And i love my CE5000-60 model.

Is the Titan2 servo or stepper motor driven?

Cuz the Graphtec is servo and its super quiet.

• Like 1

Everyone always forgets Summa. If you are looking for a top notch machine they are it. 

• Like 1

Everyone always forgets Summa. If you are looking for a top notch machine they are it. 

we have heard nothing but great reviews on the Summa - but I think there are so few of them around compared to the graphtec and rolands is why you don't hear much.  there is probably 1000 of each of the other two in the market place for every summa.  you just don't see them at dealers or on the sale sites much - 

we have heard nothing but great reviews on the Summa - but I think there are so few of them around compared to the graphtec and rolands is why you don't hear much.  there is probably 1000 of each of the other two in the market place for every summa.  you just don't see them at dealers or on the sale sites much - 

They don't really sell through other sites. I bought mine direct through a stateside Summa guy. Super awesome lifetime live tech support regardless of prior ownership even. 2 year warranty.

I'm not gonna lie, they are a lot of money. The SummaCut D75r is the smallest machine at 30" which was what I wanted anyway. It is technically probably supposed to compete with the CE models but other than a couple hundred grams of downforce has all the features that the FC model does and compared to the FC price for a 30" machine it is cheaper. I think the FC I was about to buy with stand and extra blade holder for 60deg was a demo model for $4,200 and the Summa similarly set up was around $3,200 but I seem to remember that it was in a group of 3 or 4 that had been previously purchased and the deal fell through so I got demo price at $3,200. It's been a while so the details are fuzzy. 

The guys name and contact is:

Phil Johnson

philj@summa.us

1-800-7778 ext. 112

He posts this at signs101 so I think it's safe to re-post his info. Great guy. 

• Like 1

I only have experience with the Graphtec. And i love my CE5000-60 model.

Is the Titan2 servo or stepper motor driven?

Cuz the Graphtec is servo and its super quiet.

The Titan2 is SERVO as well.

• Like 2

The Summa D75 is $2495 on their site. A bit more than I want to spend.

https://www.summausa.com/shop/category/summacut-series/?tab=2∏=D75

Thank you for the info though.

It looks as though I have settled on the Graphtec. Now it's just the matter of where I buy it from. I was excited about the email USCutter sent the other day offering a free 12 X 15 heat press with the cutter, but on the site it is only a 9 X 12. I have a 15 X 15 clamshell at work, but I would rather not have to bring stuff to work if I need a larger press.

I have noticed the deals on ebay, but I am not too keen on the house brand vinyl offered by most sellers, including USCutter. One seller was offering 20 yards of Siser EasyWeed with the Graphtec. Might go with that one.

The Summa D75 is $2495 on their site. A bit more than I want to spend.

https://www.summausa.com/shop/category/summacut-series/?tab=2∏=D75

Thank you for the info though.

It looks as though I have settled on the Graphtec. Now it's just the matter of where I buy it from. I was excited about the email USCutter sent the other day offering a free 12 X 15 heat press with the cutter, but on the site it is only a 9 X 12. I have a 15 X 15 clamshell at work, but I would rather not have to bring stuff to work if I need a larger press.

I have noticed the deals on ebay, but I am not too keen on the house brand vinyl offered by most sellers, including USCutter. One seller was offering 20 yards of Siser EasyWeed with the Graphtec. Might go with that one.

Free is free...................

I wish I got a free anything with my graphtec. I couldn't even get a few free blades.   

I purchased mine through us cutter,  They were the best price hands down when you factor in shipping ($10).  

I called several of my vendors and distributors and they all wanted $100 for shipping PLUS tax.   

UScutter = $10 shipping and $0 tax.   

• Like 1

On eBay most of the bigger suppliers, including USCutter, sell the Graphtec for $1745 and include some kind of bonus. USCutter offers the Greenstar 12 pack of 5 yard vinyl with theirs. Others offer HTV, starter kits, etc. These are all with free shipping. Normally there is no reason, as a consumer, to order equipment through USCutter's site, you are better off checking if they sell it on eBay. I picked up the 15X15 clamshell heat press for $199 on eBay from USCutter, with a teflon sheet and 4 shirts. Free shipping as well. At the time it was $299 on the USCutter site.

I learned this after buying my Titan2 from here, then seeing USCutter selling it for $150 cheaper on eBay. Was a bit perturbed by that, but said oh well and moved on.

On eBay most of the bigger suppliers, including USCutter, sell the Graphtec for $1745 and include some kind of bonus. USCutter offers the Greenstar 12 pack of 5 yard vinyl with theirs. Others offer HTV, starter kits, etc. These are all with free shipping. Normally there is no reason, as a consumer, to order equipment through USCutter's site, you are better off checking if they sell it on eBay. I picked up the 15X15 clamshell heat press for $199 on eBay from USCutter, with a teflon sheet and 4 shirts. Free shipping as well. At the time it was $299 on the USCutter site.

I learned this after buying my Titan2 from here, then seeing USCutter selling it for $150 cheaper on eBay. Was a bit perturbed by that, but said oh well and moved on.

many times you will find a warranty difference too - not sure on the titan on ebay but have seen it on many other items - will come with 60-90 day as opposed to 1 year or 2 year.  I know sunie does that too.  if bought from the site the warranty is much better

many times you will find a warranty difference too - not sure on the titan on ebay but have seen it on many other items - will come with 60-90 day as opposed to 1 year or 2 year.  I know sunie does that too.  if bought from the site the warranty is much better

As far as USCutter goes, the Graphtec warranty is the same on eBay as it is if you buy it here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-Graphtec-CE6000-60-Vinyl-Cutter-Plotter-w-Stand-BONUS-12-roll-Vinyl-Pack-/281138745696?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41752cd160

Description
Please Note: Vinyl colors in picture may not be actual color of vinyl in kit, please see description below for included colors.

Graphtec CE6000-60 24" Cutter Plotter Bundle

This Bundle Includes:
  • 1x 24" Graphtec CE6000 Cutter Plotter
  • 1x Floor Stand
  • 1x Rear media-roll rack
  • 1x ROBO Master Software
  • 1x Cutting Master Software Plug-in
  • 1x Graphtec's ARMS (advanced Registration Mark Sensor) System
  • 1x Power Cable
  • 1x GreenStar 12-color Vinyl Roll Starter Pack, 24" x 5 yard, 3mil ($125 value)
  • Two year warranty on Cutter
  • FREE lifetime phone support (number at bottom of listing)

Titan2 is $1295 here, $999 on eBay. Huge difference...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/28-USCutter-TITAN-2-Vinyl-Cutter-Sign-Cutting-Plotter-w-Contour-Cut-New-Model-/301113253199?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item461bbf9d4f

or $1200 here if you select it as an option under titan - not event he same price on the same site

http://www.uscutter.com/TITAN-Vinyl-Cutter-28-53-inch

love the list of features that are standard with the cutter from anywhere - the only difference is the greenstar

• 1x 24" Graphtec CE6000 Cutter Plotter
  • 1x Floor Stand
  • 1x Rear media-roll rack
  • 1x ROBO Master Software
  • 1x Cutting Master Software Plug-in
  • 1x Graphtec's ARMS (advanced Registration Mark Sensor) System
  • 1x Power Cable
  • 1x GreenStar 12-color Vinyl Roll Starter Pack, 24" x 5 yard, 3mil ($125 value)
  • Two year warranty on Cutter

so yeah with this the warranty is the same so I would just buy the cheapest place.  we had a discussion before about the titan being cheaper on amazon and ebay where they have to pay fees but it was part of a marketing plan  :rolleyes:

Pulled the trigger on the Graphtec tonight. Went through USCutter on eBay. While the Greenstar vinyl offer did not excite me, I just could not see getting a heat press that I know is too small. I would rather wait and buy a better heat press and use the one at work for now if I need it.

Damn you people and your vinyl! This habit I have developed is addicting...

• Like 5