I wanted a cutter that was a good value, durable, and versatile.   That was my goal.

So I began doing my homework by reading this forum and other extensively.  After 2 months of reading I became fairly knowledgeable about cutters, the 2 main types; servo and stepper, and the capabilities of both.  I learned about the importance of cut widths....I recommend no less than 24", the differences and uses for multiple kinds of vinyl, the tools, supplies....etc.

Then I zeroed in on the cutter I wanted.....but there were no reviews for the Titan on this forum!   I promised myself that after I bought a Titan I would write a review...so here goes.

I did the following 2 things for a very happy experience with my Titan right out of the box!

1) AVOID PROBLEMS by doing your homework.  This is the only way that you will get a cutter that does what you need it to do. 

2) SET YOUR CUTTER UP CORRECTLY   This is the only way your cutter will work right the first time  Use the free tech support....it's free and the guys are helpful and kind.  I spent a total of 15 minutes with tech support....that's it....communication problem solved.  I use the USB connection with no issues on a Windows 7 laptop and SCLT.

I have owned my Titan 28 for 3 months.  During that time I have made a variety of stickers, magnetic signs and I am cutting my first commercial sign this week.  I am also doing commercial vehicle numbers.  I have not had the first issue with my Titan.

I really am enjoying my Titan.  So far it has been reliable and cuts very well.  Very fine print is hard to cut for any cutter, but my Titan cuts down to 1/4 inch depending on the font.  This is as small as I want to weed anyway...right!

I'm happy with my Titan so far.  I don't know how it compares to other machines...but the quality is so good, I don't care.....It does what I need it to do at the price I was willing to pay.

I paid $699 with a starter vinyl package and $9 shipping from USCutter....on their boatload promotion. 

I'm a happy customer.....but I did my part.

• Like 6

Thanks so much for your review. I am a graphic designer who recently enrolled in a few college courses after deciding I wanted to get back into Web Design. I am very familiar with photoshop and I've just started working with illustrator again. My intention was to design web sites mainly, but my instructor brags about the business she gets doing signs and t-shirts that I've decided not to limit myself to just that. Im thinking about purchasing the titan 28inch + heat press package with my tax return. Your review definitely helps. 

Can anyone tell me if the Titan 28" will cut .eps or .ai files or do I have to create logos using the provided software? I work with a mac.

8 hours ago, FenderStratocaster said:

Thanks so much for your review. I am a graphic designer who recently enrolled in a few college courses after deciding I wanted to get back into Web Design. I am very familiar with photoshop and I've just started working with illustrator again. My intention was to design web sites mainly, but my instructor brags about the business she gets doing signs and t-shirts that I've decided not to limit myself to just that. Im thinking about purchasing the titan 28inch + heat press package with my tax return. Your review definitely helps. 

Can anyone tell me if the Titan 28" will cut .eps or .ai files or do I have to create logos using the provided software? I work with a mac.

I see you found answers in your other thread you started on this exact thing

• Like 1

I have the titan 2 28" but i probably use different cutting software, But i love my titan 2 .It hasnt failed on me once and i have had it for just over 2 years and still on my first blade i installed.If you have any questions just ask.

• Like 1

Old post are you still around is is your machine still working? So this is the regular titan? not the 2.. From the date i guess the 2 wasn't out yet

4 hours ago, eprcvinyls said:

Old post are you still around is is your machine still working? So this is the regular titan? not the 2.. From the date i guess the 2 wasn't out yet

OP last visited in 2014 - it might take a while for him to get back with you :)

•  
  • September 18, 2014

3 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

OP last visited in 2014 - it might take a while for him to get back with you :)

•  
  • September 18, 2014

Sorry, I should looked at profile, only 2 post...

• Like 1