Sign in to follow this  
DSP-Vinyl

Finally getting into the business

Hey guys,

Just introducing myself!

I've been in the pawn and car audio business for 7 years, and I've recently decided to expand into basic vinyl sign/t-shirt making. I've compiled a list from reading over theses forums of what I need to order today.

-USCutter Titan 2 cutter (maybe a Graphtec CE6000-60 if theres a huge difference?)

-60degree blade from cleancutblade

-Oracle high-tack transfer tape

-Assorted rolls of Oracle 651 (better lifespan than 631?)
-Enduramat cutting mat

-Assorted weeding tools

Thats about it for now. I want to order a basic heat press in the future, so suggestions on that would be nice. In fact, all suggestions are welcome. I'm still a noob lol.

I hope to somehow contribute to an already thriving knowledgable community!

Thanks!

I do not own a grpahtec but started with a graphtec 1000 until something happened. you cannot go wrong with that machine

• Like 2

Welcome, and get some Storage racks for vinyl or figure a good storage solution for your space. You will acquire it faster than you think. Don't forget different sizes/types of squeegee's.

631 is matte finish with removable adhesive, 651 is gloss and permanent adhesive. 

I do not own a grpahtec but started with a graphtec 1000 until something happened. you cannot go wrong with that machine

So I've heard. I'll probably try out the Titan first.

Welcome, and get some Storage racks for vinyl or figure a good storage solution for your space. You will acquire it faster than you think. Don't forget different sizes/types of squeegee's.

631 is matte finish with removable adhesive, 651 is gloss and permanent adhesive. 

Thanks! Just added a 16 wall-mount holder to my cart. I ordered few different squeegees as well. 651 seems perfect for what I'm doing (This Louisiana heat is something else lol).

Hello.

Hmmmmmm, Monroe, LA. just who do we know from there?

Oh yeah ---- 

duck-dynasty.jpg

================================

By the way, USCUTTER is offering a Free 12”x15” heat press with the purchase of

a new Graphtec 6000

• Like 1

Hello.

Hmmmmmm, Monroe, LA. just who do we know from there?

Oh yeah ----

[img=http://after5detroit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/duck-dynasty.jpg]

================================

a new Graphtec 6000

Who are the hillbillys with the beards? Undoubtly no barber shops close either.

Welcome and good luck.

a new Graphtec 6000

The press is only a 9 X 12, otherwise I would have ordered it last night. :)

Welcome DSP.

The press is only a 9 X 12, otherwise I would have ordered it last night. :)

Welcome DSP.

Interesting...the email I got from US Cutter stated they were offering a NEW in stock 12x15 heat press.

with the purchase of the larger Graphtec 6000 cutters

A good deal...(See text below)....but when I went to their website...the heat press had suddenly shrunk

to a 9x12"....

Bait & Switch???

Free Heat Press Promotion is Back and Better than Ever! 

Back around Fathers Day we introduced a promotion to give away a free heat press to buyers

of the incredibly high quality Graphtec 6000 vinyl cutter. It was one of our most popular

promotions ever.

We had to stop the promotion because we ran out of that heat press and couldn’t get anymore –

but we just got in a boatload of better heat presses, so we’re offering the promotion again for a limited time.

Buy a new Graphtec 6000 (28” or 48” inch) and get a free 12”x15” heat press now.

Create and apply your own t-shirt and sportswear designs! Take advantage of this great offer

while supplies last! Buy now!

Which is it and will they honor the email?

Sue2

Maybe they ran out of 12x15" presses?  I bet if you call and push it, they'll honor the email.

Buying a Graphtec or Roland cutter is liking buying a BMW or Mercedes as your first car.  There is nothing wrong with that, but it's going to spoil you and you won't be happy with a lesser brand if you ever want to replace it.

The brand is Oracal - Oracle is an IT company...  ;D

The only time I use Oracal brand application tape is the Oratape HT55 when working with 631.  It is 25% more expensive than RTape and doesn't come in anything smaller than 6.5" width.   I do a lot of smaller stuff, so I buy skinny rolls and reduce waste.

For all other vinyl, I use RTape 4076 RLA as it's the only tape that stays stuck down on the backing paper and doesn't curl up at the corners, and seems very easy to use and install.  I haven't had any customer complaints since switching to RTape last year.

Maybe they ran out of 12x15" presses?  I bet if you call and push it, they'll honor the email.

Buying a Graphtec or Roland cutter is liking buying a BMW or Mercedes as your first car.  There is nothing wrong with that, but it's going to spoil you and you won't be happy with a lesser brand if you ever want to replace it.

The brand is Oracal - Oracle is an IT company...  ;D

The only time I use Oracal brand application tape is the Oratape HT55 when working with 631.  It is 25% more expensive than RTape and doesn't come in anything smaller than 6.5" width.   I do a lot of smaller stuff, so I buy skinny rolls and reduce waste.

For all other vinyl, I use RTape 4076 RLA as it's the only tape that stays stuck down on the backing paper and doesn't curl up at the corners, and seems very easy to use and install.  I haven't had any customer complaints since switching to RTape last year.

The brand is Orafol. They changed it.

• Like 1

Interesting...the email I got from US Cutter stated they were offering a NEW in stock 12x15 heat press.

with the purchase of the larger Graphtec 6000 cutters

A good deal...(See text below)....but when I went to their website...the heat press had suddenly shrunk

to a 9x12"....

Bait & Switch???

Free Heat Press Promotion is Back and Better than Ever! 

Back around Fathers Day we introduced a promotion to give away a free heat press to buyers

of the incredibly high quality Graphtec 6000 vinyl cutter. It was one of our most popular

promotions ever.

We had to stop the promotion because we ran out of that heat press and couldn’t get anymore –

but we just got in a boatload of better heat presses, so we’re offering the promotion again for a limited time.

Buy a new Graphtec 6000 (28” or 48” inch) and get a free 12”x15” heat press now.

Create and apply your own t-shirt and sportswear designs! Take advantage of this great offer

while supplies last! Buy now!

Which is it and will they honor the email?

Sue2

I got the email as well and immediately went to the site, as I am about to purchase a Graphtec. It would be nice if they honor it.

• Like 1

I got the email also but emailed them back and said graphtec ce6000-60 is a 24" cutter and not 28" lol then notice the heat press also

There is no reason for them NOT to honor that offer of the 12x15 unit.

It clearly states they have a 'boatload' of them in stock, and although the website may not be updated to reflect this special deal, certainly a quick call to the ordering dep't. will result in obtaining a free 12x15 heat press along with your Graphtec.

There is no reason for them NOT to honor that offer of the 12x15 unit.

It clearly states they have a 'boatload' of them in stock, and although the website may not be updated to reflect this special deal, certainly a quick call to the ordering dep't. will result in obtaining a free 12x15 heat press along with your Graphtec.

FYI  -  I checked this out  and,......

They are not going to honor the e-mail offering a FREE 12x15" Heat Press with the Graphtec purchase.

They claim it is an error and they don't have any 12x15" Heat Presses in stock.

so, it is a 9x12 PLUS shipping.

Sue2

FYI  -  I checked this out  and,......

They are not going to honor the e-mail offering a FREE 12x15" Heat Press with the Graphtec purchase.

They claim it is an error and they don't have any 12x15" Heat Presses in stock.

so, it is a 9x12 PLUS shipping.

Sue2

I got the same response as well via email today.

I got the same response as well via email today.

Too bad,  I was very tempted by that offer....

I MAY have actually ordered if it was a 12x15 Heat Press!!!

I have been wanting to replace my LaserPoint I for

awhile now....but have had no good reason to.

Sue2

Damn you people............

Free is Free.   Something's better then nothing.   9"x12" can still make you a company shirt, some left pocket logos, or a nice design on a bag.   

The only other better time to buy a graphtec is never.  

• Like 1

Too bad,  I was very tempted by that offer....

I MAY have actually ordered if it was a 12x15 Heat Press!!!

I have been wanting to replace my LaserPoint I for

awhile now....but have had no good reason to.

Sue2

If you would just run a Graphtec for an hour,  you would say,,"Why haven't I done this sooner!!"  Night and day to your Laser Pointer... 

• Like 2

Damn you people............

Free is Free.   Something's better then nothing.   9"x12" can still make you a company shirt, some left pocket logos, or a nice design on a bag.   

The only other better time to buy a graphtec is never.  

Not being greedy...just that the smaller Heat Press probably won't come in very

handy as I already have a 16x20 press.

9 X 12" is half that size and I can't see a lot of use here for the much smaller press.

And I know I would love the Graphtec...but printing on paper (forms, cards,

newsletters, etc) is my main business and the LaserPoint is doing what I need.

It comes down to a case of WANT, not NEED.

Descretionary spending...

The 12x15" press would have fit in better therefore it was an incentive to buy.

Sue2

Not being greedy...just that the smaller Heat Press probably won't come in very

handy as I already have a 16x20 press.

9 X 12" is half that size and I can't see a lot of use here for the much smaller press.

And I know I would love the Graphtec...but printing on paper (forms, cards,

newsletters, etc) is my main business and the LaserPoint is doing what I need.

It comes down to a case of WANT, not NEED.

Descretionary spending...

The 12x15" press would have fit in better therefore it was an incentive to buy.

Sue2

I have a 16x20 and a smaller lower platen which I use for bags and other awkward things. The small press has a place but I wouldn't want one as my only press.

i can tell you this coming from a laserpoint 1 and going to the graphtec ce5000-60 no way in hell would i ever go back to one. The ce5000-60 cuts way better cleaner and has arms for contour cut. With the laser it was noisy and i had so many issues with tracking. Always had to baby sit the cutter or else. And dont cut nothing long.

I would buy the graphtec just to have a better cutter and not cause of the free press. With that 9x12 press there is lots of things it can press and you dont have to break out the 16x20 you could do

Phone case

Kids shirts

Rhinestones

Logos on pocket or left chest

Neck tags

And if u do sublimation its perfect for alot of small things.

Also its a servo vs a stepper.

I brought my cutter used and was

Happy and sad with the laserpoint but once i got that servo bug whoa.

• Like 1