Sign in to follow this  
thestartingline

Copam cp2500 driver issues Prolific Usb to serial u232-p9 (black)

Im  having issues getting my copam to connect to my computer. I had it working before on this computer, but had to wipe my hardrive. I had a link to the old driver (the one that worked), but its no longer available. Im using the prolific black usb to serial controller with sign cut x2. The drivers off the cd dont work. I have also tried downloading some of the new drivers without any luck. The most i can get the cutter to do is start scrolling my vinyl and not cutting the file. Where can i get drivers for the black prolific controller?

Thanks

The black cable is not Prolific.  Do you have the driver disc that came with the machine?

Yes i have the disc that came with the machine, but i have no idea which driver it is in there. When i install the driver with device manager it installs it as the prolific usb to serial.

any ideas? I purchased a new cable today to try and install the drivers that come with the cable.  Anytime i plug in the cable it installs with the previous drivers.

It could be installing the incorrect driver, in which case you would need to force the correct driver in. The black cable should be the USB 2.0, not the Prolific like Marcus mentioned. If you need assistance forcing the correct driver in, send me an email with your phone number: kenimes@uscutter.com