So I've got my machine going and have made a bunch of stuff for friends and family in order to build up my website and portfolio and make my business cards.

I know, and I'm sure you do as well, NEVER create for friends or family...they expect it for free.

Anyway...it's time to come up with some pricing because now I'm starting to get some jobs where I will charge.  I've been referred to a calculator and I've tried it but am unsure if that's what I should be charging.

Can anyone give me the low down?  I don't want to do this wrong from the starting line.

I'm using Oracal 631 and will be installing.  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I typically charge between 5-10x the material cost for ready-to-apply decals. Charge more for smaller stuff & less for large jobs. If you are also going to be applying the decals, then charge extra for your time and travel expenses.

So I've got my machine going and have made a bunch of stuff for friends and family in order to build up my website and portfolio and make my business cards.

I know, and I'm sure you do as well, NEVER create for friends or family...they expect it for free.

Anyway...it's time to come up with some pricing because now I'm starting to get some jobs where I will charge.  I've been referred to a calculator and I've tried it but am unsure if that's what I should be charging.

Can anyone give me the low down?  I don't want to do this wrong from the starting line.

I do cut for family and friends( free of course ) but that is the only stickers decals or what ever you wish to call them. I do signs, Banners, plastic letters ,lighted signs and channel letters etc so I cant really help on pricing on just cut vinyl. The couple times I priced something for a car window or such people seemed to think it was too high.

Are you doing indoor only designs?  Because Oracal 631 is intended for indoor use and won't last as long outdoors as Oracal 651 will.

How to price

Labor + Material + Cost of doing business + Profit = Selling Price. 

Labor: What you are paying yourself 

Material: What you expect to use for a project

Cost of doing business: All fixed and variable cost to run a business

Profit: What you feel you should make for being he owner

When i do jobs for family and friends. The ones who expect it for free. I ask for a bottle of tequila. That is 39.00 dollars a bottle cabo

• Like 1