Sign in to follow this  
BAM

Please Help soon :(

Please Help.. Why are the sizes changing when I  go to cut If you see the size in design central then the size when i go to cut they change... I need The size to be exactly what it is how I made it If it changes it will not fit.... PLEASE PLEASE Help I'm supposed to have this done today and I was not expecting this problem... I Had it done already cut out then they wanted bigger letters so now i'm in a real bind.. THANKS EVERY ONE

post-88021-0-44197900-1410989530_thumb.p

post-88021-0-54008200-1410989532_thumb.p

There is a .1(point 1) on each side of the panel  left and right. Top and bottom..      Mine is the same way..Every order if example I cut  10"  x  15"   in the size area will read 10.2"   x 15.2"   Then it is not close to the side. You would have to change the panel size to get away from that  You can see there is a gap on the left and right side of the lettering.

.Is that what you are referring to? 

Mzskeeter nailed it. It will cut the right size just adds for the panel on the edge.

OH MY GOSH THANK YOU!! DUH.... MY PANEL SIZE WAS WAYY TOO SMALL I CHANGED I FORGOT I MADE A NEW DOCUMENT AND JUST PASTED THE GRAPHICS IN THERE THE PANEL SIZE WAS BEHIND THE GRAPHICS AND IT WAS THE SIZE OF A SHEET OF PAPER... :P haha OH MY... :D WOULD HAVE NEVER FIGURED THAT OUT IF NOT FOR Mz SKEETER YOU !! :) THANKS SOO MUCH Seriously you saved me!! :) I was getting really frustrated because my cutter was tracking wrong and the cuts were not lining up and all kinds of stuff was happening.. :( but I figured that out then I had to resize the letters then they were scaling almost 2 in and BLEH I thought I was going to die.. But Its all good now and I'm Very happy I have Great People like you to help You ALL are amazing! 

There is a .1(point 1) on each side of the panel  left and right. Top and bottom..      Mine is the same way..Every order if example I cut  10"  x  15"   in the size area will read 10.2"   x 15.2"   Then it is not close to the side. You would have to change the panel size to get away from that  You can see there is a gap on the left and right side of the lettering.

.Is that what you are referring to? 

THAT WORKED OMG YES THANK YOU.

• Like 1

Why do you have your media user defined at size 8" wide.??..   I always leave mine at the 29.9,(my cutter is a 30")   no matter what I cut,or size of vinyl roll..,, unless I am making copies of something small..on piece of scrap,  with a narrow width.....  I don't understand that...

Why do you have your media user defined at size 8" wide.??..   I always leave mine at the 29.9,(my cutter is a 30")   no matter what I cut,or size of vinyl roll..,, unless I am making copies of something small..on piece of scrap,  with a narrow width.....  I don't understand that...

I have a 48 in cutter but I make it 8 because the roll is 8in . is it better to keep in the size of the cutter .. ( roughly) ?

Also if I want to say move the lettering or whatever i'm cutting to say the center of the roll I can't just hit the center button if its set at 47 in it will put it in the center of my cutter because it will think that i have 47  in of material to cut.. would it not?

I just move the cutter head with the arrow buttons and hit ORIGIN,,  It will start cutting there...   I don't hit any center button...

I have a Graphtec....

And I don't use 8" rolls       only 15", 24" and 30 " x 50 yd....

I can do that as well but what i do is set it at the size of material i' m using then i'll set the origin at the beginning of my roll then say if I want to cut it in the middle all i have to do is is click the centering button from the Cut\Plot menu and hit align left right center or whatever orientation I want\need without having to touch the arrow keys on my cutter. It works Fine for me Also It makes it easier to remind myself whether or not i'll be cutting something too big\ small So when i send something through to cut and it bleeds over the edges  I'll know I made It too big Or that I'll need to change the roll. 

Oh and if you  can't read it on the picture its pretty small.. I'm not sure if you can but, I have a laser point.. The original one

48" 

I often design with my workspace the size of my vinyl so I can see get the most out of my material. Shirt vinyl for instance. I don't cut from my design though so I always import into Signcut and cut it that way. Old habits die hard but I rarely waste vinyl by sticking to my system. Unless I forget to mirror my HTV.  

• Like 2

I often design with my workspace the size of my vinyl so I can see get the most out of my material. Shirt vinyl for instance. I don't cut from my design though so I always import into Signcut and cut it that way. Old habits die hard but I rarely waste vinyl by sticking to my system. Unless I forget to mirror my HTV.  

Glad to know that i'm not the only one! :D