Sign in to follow this  
slice&dice

Mobile Sign Shop

I want to buy the solar-power 12v battery-charging station at Harbor Freight ($200)

http://www.harborfreight.com/45-watt-solar-panel-kit-68751-8527.html

I have that kit and use it frequently at outdoor shows.  It provides adequate power to run my laptop, cutter, desktop inkjet printer and charges my cell phone, although I haven't tried printing and cutting at the same time, but neither device draws much current while just sitting.

Just make sure you get a high amperage marine battery, they handle deep discharging better than standard automotive batteries.   You can chain multiple batteries together in parallel and increase your power bank, but I haven't needed to do so yet.

• Like 1

I have my trailer with its own electrical panel and it has a gfi built right into the panel so I can either plug into a non gfi outlet on site or I can get hardwired if there is a gfi outlet.  Its nice cause it protects the whole trailer in one shot.  One circuit is the lights and the other is the cutter and sublimation equipment.  I also built my trailer from scratch so I did not have to worry about gutting it.  The whole wall on the one side opens up to be an 18 foot long and seven foot wide awning.

• Like 1

It is nice having the Onan. But they suck up gas like a politician sucks up money. They use about a gallon an hour. I would suggest eventually getting a 3000 watt Honda generator. Nice and quiet and will run everything you need including the AC.