angwinters

New here with a question

Hi, 

I'm new to the cutter world. :)  I have not purchased one yet. I'm looking and reading trying to get as much info as I can get. What I am trying to find out is How would I go about making a logo with 3 colors out of vinyl and then cutting it? 

I'm going to try to attach the logo. 

Thank you,

Angie Winters

Edit :  I found a picture of the logo without the holes. 

post-88201-0-39735500-1410682473_thumb.j

post-88201-0-19160600-1410829220_thumb.p

I need to figure out how to make it 3 different colors and be able to print it in 3 colors. I downloaded inscape but i don't know what to do. 

Angie 

Angie,

Time to do some homework. Raster files are pictures with thousands of little pixels, each one colored. Vector files are just a bunch of lines and curves with filled in colors, much more simple and something a cutter can reproduce. Do some google searching and you can learn a lot. Also searching on the forum will help. 

• Like 1

you need to recreate the image in a vector format - that can be accomplised in inkscape but you need to learn the process - as it is quite different than working with pixel based software you might be familiar with.  Like goose said the first place to start your education is to learn about vector graphics - it is not like converting a bmp to a jpeg

Yes, you can recreate that logo in vector with Inkscape. (or most any other vector software)

Here is something close done in VinylMaster.

Cuz, you know what they say,

" Build a man a fire, warm him for a night. Set a man on fire and warm him for the rest of his life."

Or, something like that.

post-43059-0-56727100-1410905978_thumb.p

CamoClan_03c .svg

CamoClan_03c .eps

• Like 2

Yes, you can recreate that logo in vector with Inkscape. (or most any other vector software)

Here is something close done in VinylMaster.

Cuz, you know what they say,

" Build a man a fire, warm him for a night. Set a man on fire and warm him for the rest of his life."

Or, something like that.

attachicon.gifCamoClan_03c .png

attachicon.gifCamoClan_03c .svg

Is this the file that I need for the cutter to make the different cuts?  I'm trying to figure all this stuff out but I have not idea what all this stuff means. I haven't bought my cutter yet because I want to be sure I can make this design because this will be the main thing I need it for. Plus I have talked my hubby into getting a cutter so that I can do his logo on whatever he needs. Then I can use it for other things also. 

Thank you to everyone for all the help. I am trying to figure all this out. 

I downloaded both. I imported the logo into inkscape and then I saved it to a svg file. Is that what I am supposed to do? I wasn't sure what to do.  

Ok so my question is. When I import it into the Sure Cuts A Lot software or whatever software I use will it then show that it is 3 layers or 3 colors or whatever it is? 

I'm sorry to seem so dumb, I'm trying to figure all this out. 

Thanks! 

Yes, you will see the 2 colors layers in those programs. The third color is the white background that peeks through the design.

The file you imported to Inkscape and saved as an svg... You should save it with a different file name (perhaps append "test"

before the .svg)

This way you can play with the file and learn from it without the risk of fouling the original.

Additionally, you will have to Ungroup the layers to seperate them.

• Like 1

When you click cut in SCALP, you will have the option to cut the colors individually, do that and then use registration marks to line it all up when you apply the sticker. Here is the logo with registration marks so you can see how to line them up. once they are applied, remove them. BTW krow, nice job on the file.

camo clan 2 colors.svg

• Like 1