Sign in to follow this  
98crewcab

HELP!!!! please.....having a hard time....

......getting a clean image from this. We did it in paint and brought it to inkscape to try to vectorize it.....long story short, it comes out crappy...have tried about 10-12 different "paths" to get the cleanest I can, but this logo represents our company, therefore would like a sharper image....lol

would really appreciate any help, or direction as a how to......blood shot eyes from watching the you tube videos trying to figure it out....

post-88062-0-47407600-1410408447_thumb.p

My suggestion is to start over. This time in Inkscape. Build it in vector from the start.

Here's a leg up on the shapes. It's pretty close to the original, not exact.

Open it in Inkscape and import your original. Line them up on top of one another and

you can easily see where you had your text placed before.

Add your Fonts back in and you're good to go.

post-43059-0-99751600-1410413514_thumb.p

ReworkedLogo.svg

• Like 13

My suggestion is to start over. This time in Inkscape. Build it in vector from the start.

Here's a leg up on the shapes. It's pretty close to the original, not exact.

Open it in Inkscape and import your original. Line them up on top of one another and

you can easily see where you had your text placed before.

Add your Fonts back in and you're good to go.

attachicon.gifReworkedLogo.PNG

attachicon.gifReworkedLogo.svg

man...could you rock any harder!!!!! Thank you so very much for that!   And in doing it this way, It opens up more options for my lettering, like outlined in black with diamond plate center....boom, made my day buddy. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

so, the "learning bug" in me..... how did you do the above logo? all in inkscape? or are you using something else?

Happy 2 Oblige. The sawblade itself was actually built in Photoshop, simply because I could

easily construct something close to yours. The rest was done in Inkscape.

Look it over close, there are a few artifacts in the blade that need cleaning up.

What you did in Paint could have worked for you had you created it very large and in high resolution.

Still though, would have added the text in a vector program like Inkscape, VinylMaster, Illustrator, etc.

• Like 1

Happy 2 Oblige. The sawblade itself was actually built in Photoshop, simply because I could

easily construct something close to yours. The rest was done in Inkscape.

Look it over close, there are a few artifacts in the blade that need cleaning up.

What you did in Paint could have worked for you had you created it very large and in high resolution.

Still though, would have added the text in a vector program like Inkscape, VinylMaster, Illustrator, etc.

ahh, then i think i will play with the adobe cs3 photoshop in your signature! thank you for the tips, for sharing, and thank you tons for helping out with the sawblade and stripes!!

• Like 1

Blown away by how easy you make it look. As a carpenter......your saw blade made me tear up....lol, so what do I call you, other than Skarekrow?

thanks again for your talent!!! will post pics here soon after the white comes in and we get these on the windows!!!