lilypoo

SC suddenly stops working...

My SC has been working swimmingly for months.  I'm fairly low-volume...do 1-2 jobs a month on it and continue to use my Cameo for the small things I sell.  I hadn't used it in two weeks and fired it up tonight.  My usual routine is to click "test connection" in SCALP when I'm in the "Cut with Cutter" window.  Normally the carriage moves back and forth and the machine goes "clunk clunk" which means everything's ready to go.  Tonight the carriage just starts buzzing and moving slowly across the page, blade up thankfully.  If I proceed to send info to the machine to cut, it continues the slow buzzing move.

It's grounded according to the grounding guide.  I've been using it with USB cause I never got it working with serial and the keyspan adapt or straight serial (PC recognizes it and SCALP shows the port but can't communicate with the machine with serial).  I have tried everything from un-stalling and re-installing SCALP, trying to re-install the driver (which fails but it has always worked in spite of that) and turning it on and off (which usually fixes everything).  Have re-booted the computer too and tried another design....nada.

Any ideas?

• Like 1

Make sure the com port numbers still match in your cutting software and device manager...  Have you tried pushing in on the reset button on the inside of the frame?    I think those machines have one...

I always suggest that you have SignBlazer Elements (no fees are charged to install) -- the LiYu machine drivers will operate the SC.

If the same problem persists with another software, then you can narrow down the problem to a motherboard and/or hardware issue.

My SC has been working swimmingly for months.  I'm fairly low-volume...do 1-2 jobs a month on it and continue to use my Cameo for the small things I sell.  I hadn't used it in two weeks and fired it up tonight.  My usual routine is to click "test connection" in SCALP when I'm in the "Cut with Cutter" window.  Normally the carriage moves back and forth and the machine goes "clunk clunk" which means everything's ready to go.  Tonight the carriage just starts buzzing and moving slowly across the page, blade up thankfully.  If I proceed to send info to the machine to cut, it continues the slow buzzing move.

It's grounded according to the grounding guide.  I've been using it with USB cause I never got it working with serial and the keyspan adapt or straight serial (PC recognizes it and SCALP shows the port but can't communicate with the machine with serial).  I have tried everything from un-stalling and re-installing SCALP, trying to re-install the driver (which fails but it has always worked in spite of that) and turning it on and off (which usually fixes everything).  Have re-booted the computer too and tried another design....nada.

Any ideas?

My cutter recently started stopping in the middle of a job consistently. I'm working on ball teams.  It's just names and numbers.   I've tried everything.  If it is more than a few words of text I have to use another cutter.    Did you find a solution to the problem that you were having?   

You stated you tried everything.....So what did you try?  Did you put the cutter on a serial cable, serial card or a Tripplite  Keyspan Adapter..?   Your cutter is not true USB...   USB is hit or miss on a value cutter.  It could also be static... Try it with a pen on paper.  If it does not stop , it is static.

she did mention USB and using a keyspan adapter, but, is it a Tripp Lite keyspan adapter........

she did mention USB and using a keyspan adapter, but, is it a Tripp Lite keyspan adapter........

I am  not responding to the OLD OP,,,  :rolleyes:  They have not returned back since  Sept 2014...  I am responding to the NEW OP that posted here with a problem.. ;D

parkavenueprinting

My cutter recently started stopping in the middle of a job consistently. I'm working on ball teams.  It's just names and numbers.   I've tried everything.  If it is more than a few words of text I have to use another cutter.    Did you find a solution to the problem that you were having?   

Try turning your cutter off periodically. Memory isn't much and you will overload it causing a shutdown.