DCMoney

Razorcut

Anyone else see the Razorcut announcement in the last promotions email that USCutter sent out this morning?

Did a search and nothing came up.

Any ideas what its about? Is it going to replace SCALP? Looking forward to 9/25.

razor_zps0532f459.jpg

I saw it and came here right away to do a search for it. I LOVE Signblazer, not a fan of SCALP at all so I am hoping this will be something good.

It says it is only for WINDOWS......Isn't Scalp both Mac and Windows?

Maybe a rebranded Flexistarter?    They have not upgraded their Mac for several years on Flexistarter....  It says vinyl cutting software  Not design and cut..

Some companies like Seiki only had Seiki drivers and included Flexistarter with their cutters free..  I think Creation did the same..with Pcuts  Maybe this is all UScutter machine drivers..  Only guessing of course..

And I will add, that Flexistarter is great cutting software.  I have been using it since 2006.

• Like 1

maybe private signcut too skeeter - not that you point that out

Signcut is also for Mac  now that I pointed that out  LOL    

I recently (2 weeks ago) ordered a table top Titan for myself (wanted servos but could not afford the lager titan2) ..  They are on special so decided to take the plunge at that great discounted price...

To my SUPPRIZE (Happy birthday to me!) I open the box and there is a table top "says "Ttitan3"   I'm like :huh:?   (Titan3 was NOWARE to be found...)   Did some research and notices some "parts" listed on USCutters site for a Titan3..  (Still does not list a table top 15" version anywhere!)

Did some more research and found that the Titan series are rebranded SAGA cutters (Very well made)  SAGA just released software that only works with their cutters called "DRAGONCUT".   (PC based)

Found a dealer and picked it up (after free demo)  IT IS GREAT!   Maybe this "RazorCut" is a rebrand of that software!   If so the vector function is unbelievable!   and the cutting wizard is awesome!

PM me if you need a link to their demo software or want to purchase at a great price!  (I do not sell any of this stuff...  just have his email address!)

Set this up and was couture cutting in 10 minutes!

AWSOME CUTTER with ARMS very fast, accurate and quiet!  

THANKS USCUTTER!!!!

I recently (2 weeks ago) ordered a table top Titan for myself (wanted servos but could not afford the lager titan2) ..  They are on special so decided to take the plunge at that great discounted price...

To my SUPPRIZE (Happy birthday to me!) I open the box and there is a table top "says "Ttitan3"   I'm like :huh:?   (Titan3 was NOWARE to be found...)   Did some research and notices some "parts" listed on USCutters site for a Titan3..  (Still does not list a table top 15" version anywhere!)

THANKS USCUTTER!!!!

Is this a servo version ?

My guess is USCUTTER fudged up... Enjoy the freebie 

• Like 2

I think its rebranded Vinyl Mater...Just used it with my Titan 3 and its identical to the VM 4.0 demo.  I think it's just for the Arms feature on the Titan 3...Awesome software.  Wish it would work with my Graphtec....lol

Any one have this software and try to open Illustrator files? I'm having trouble with mine, Razorcut seems not recognize the file type :( I hope I don't have to return this machine for this reason. The import feature doesnt work either. Still figuring this out but if anyone knows it would help speed things up. thanks!

Ok, yea. I see what you mean. Thanks again. 

I know it seems petty but I hope I can find a way to not do that every time I need to cut something out. That adds another couple steps. doing hundreds of cuts, that adds up. Ill let you know If I find a way to open .ai's any other way. TTYS.

It's one more click?  (new file is a big icon on the try)  or when it starts up you select "new" in the wizard instead of just closing it...

Think with the correct drivers you CAN cut directly from AI also...... 

I guess I'm spoiled from Signcut. In that program I just click "Open", select the vector, adjust the vector, then cut. 4 steps. 

In this I need to click "Open" to start a new document, click "File", click "Import", click "File", select the vector, adjust the vector, then cut. 7 steps. 

I'm just curious, do you have a way to do this in less steps in Razorcut?

I would love to do that directly from Illustrator and will also keep looking for that. 

I wish there was a native Illustrator plugin for Razorcut so that .ai files didn't need to be opened that way. When more people start using this program I'm sure that will come.

I am new to cutting, i just got the Titan 3 and created some text based graphics in AI, when i import into Razorcut the image is changed slightly, i can import in as rendered image which then shows correctly but i have to then convert to vector to allow for cutting.  Has anyone had a similar problem?  Better even yet any solutions.  I read the early post and will try the plug in an maybe this will help.  I called US Cutter support they were great at solving some other issues but not familiar with Razor cut, they did suggest to check out the Dragon Cut help as Razor Cut was rebranded Dragon Cut.

a workaround - Maybe save the ai image as an .svg file and then import that?

I have Dragon cut and you can do direct connected support with it...

Have not had the problem you are describing.

Good luck

Thanks that worked but I can believe that Razorcut does not support AI yet Dragon Cut does which is the same program.  I think US Cutter need to do a patch to add this feature?