Sign in to follow this  
brightblack

Plotter stretching out image shape proximity ?

Hi - I'm having a problem and I'm not sure which variable is the issue.

Here's the breakdown:

Start with image

convert to vector

open in SCALP (check scale to make sure correct)

cut vinyl - when I place the vinyl, the image does not line up.  All shapes are to scale, but their proximity is off. 

I'm using the Uscutter SC -- I'm wondering if its a problem with the machine? 

Here's an simplified image to illustrate. 

post-87050-0-05362400-1410102962_thumb.j

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

I would suggest it is the software. I dont use scalp i deleted it off my computer but i have read from a few users that had a problem with the correct size being cut. There will be a few scalp users that chime in i am sure.

That could very easily be machine inaccuracy. Are you cutting the exact same design with each color or using cut by color to separate it? If not try cutting the same thing twice with two different vinyl colors and see if they come out perfect. If they match but the two color cutting doesn't then it would stand to reason it's in the software. 

I use SignCut Pro and love it. It does cost, either a subscription or a dongle but it works great with mac and is cross platform compatible to windows machines as well. Way better, way way way better than scalp for cutting in my opinion. Almost no design capabilites other than just straight text but has plug-ins for most of the usual design software or accepts tons of file types. I have found with Illustrator it likes Illustrator 8 best. When you use a plug-in it converts to that as it sends it. 

Tried it with SignCut and it worked perfectly.  Overlayed the SignCut vinyl with the SCALP and there was a very noticeable difference.  Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

they seriously need to drop the p off the name of that program,  too buggy of a conversion of cricut hacking software

The views expressed are personal only and in no way reflect the views of uscutter - I do not work for them only help out!

post-2742-0-89685400-1410147142_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Don't sugarcoat it, tell us how you really feel Scott. I tried to design in it but when I typed a line and hit enter it didn't move. Back to Corel for me.

• Like 1

yeah the program lacks a lot of features but it helped me once you learn what it dont do. I use it a lot. But also graphtec studio and ai .

it did rhinestones fairly well when I tried it but how many times have we had threads just like this?

• Like 2