Wildgoose

Siser Easyweed HTV changed their roll attachment. Me no Likey

I have noticed the last several rolls of Siser has been glued to the roll at the end instead of the usual tape. I don't really like it because it's more than my expensive cutter can pull apart and it sets there and tries about 4 times before giving up (if I don't happen to be hanging around ready to swipe it with a utility knife). I don't want to screw something up on my cutter pulling too hard. Regular vinyl and up until recently HTV has always just had 2 or three pieces of tape which the cutter will just pull off at the end without incident. I'm probably going to send a complaint in to Siser when I get a chance unless the rep happens to check in here which they sometimes do. 

Any one else noticed this? 

I think that Siser has always glued down the ends of their rolls of HTV. I think USCutter (and other suppliers) are cutting down larger rolls that they have and then making the new rolls to the size ordered and then taping the ends.

• Like 2

I think that Siser has always glued down the ends of their rolls of HTV. I think USCutter (and other suppliers) are cutting down larger rolls that they have and then making the new rolls to the size ordered and then taping the ends.

Yes, I personally saw this today at my local SW when picking up some coroplast. They have a machine that feeds it in one side, measures it and out the other onto a new roll where someone cuts and then bags it. The roll they were spooling from looked to be 15" in diameter, started off bigger I'd say.

Well that makes sense about someone cutting them down to smaller roll sizes. I guess this is the first time I have been the one to get the end of the roll. (actually twice in a row so I assumed it was a new thing). My machine pre-feeds so it's not a huge deal but it hits the end and tries to pull it loose like it would with tape and it's not going to happen. I just happened to be standing there the last time and whipped out my pocketknife and sliced it loose.