Stickiton

New to Vinyl cutting and Signblazer

Hey all.

Just got myself an old Creations P-Cut 630, which came with the old FlexiStarter 8 which for some reason will not work on our PC. (Win7 Pro Problem I think)

So I am looking at using SignBlazer as I keep finding posts with people using this cutter with Win7 Pro. 

I have installed SignBlazer from the free download but it is not showing the P-Cut CS630 in the cutter options? Have I missed something in the installation? I have installed and reinstalled the CS drivers from their site as well as uninstalling and reinstalling SignBlazer, but do not believe the drivers have installed correctly.

Any help would be great.

Cheers Damien

SignBlazer won't show all of the vinyl cutters since it has not been updated in many years and has been abandoned by the company that created it. Non-the-less, I have used and loved SignBlazer for the last six years.

Just keep going down the list picking a different vinyl cutter model and trying a test cut until one of them works.

Also make sure baud rate and com port match your cutter. Keyspan adaptor from US cutter works awesome too.

Hi guys, thanks for the replys,

Finally got it to work by upping the Baud rate and choosing a different cutter. 

Next question is how do I import an image into signblazer to cut? I am trying to import a rose for my daughter but comes up with the below:

post-88113-0-81538800-1409967922_thumb.p

Signblazer can do a conversion as well, although I never had any luck getting it to work right.

For some reason SB and the cutter aren't communicating. Check your settings and see if baud or com changed. I have been getting the same error, but I'm trying to see if a cutter not listed will work with a different driver.  

Also once you get your cutter cutting correctly,  only plug your cutter into your computer when your computer is turned off..Or you will assign it a new com port number.....

I think that may vary depending on OS. I can plug it in when the PC is on, so long as I plug it into the same USB port it works just fine.

Got it sorted. Thanks for everyone's help.

It had changed the port settings in SignBlazer for some reason. But managing to cut some nice graphics out

post-88113-0-04820400-1410308042_thumb.jpost-88113-0-50264800-1410308046_thumb.jpost-88113-0-14921800-1410308052_thumb.j

• Like 1