lilrowo

SunIE Heat Press - Bad Idea

After doing much research, I decided to buy a SunIE heat press, because it seemed to have good reviews. It was a huge mistake.  I received the heat press last week, and it arrived damaged.  The box was not damaged, the styrofoam it was packed in was intact, and showed no signs of damage caused from shipping.  The machine itself was bent, a corner of the metal platen was bent, the whole thing is out of line, and when the platen is lowered, the front of the top platen hits the bottom first, before the back touches.  The control box is also bent.  This could not have been caused by the shipping, because the box and packing are not damaged.  Now, in order to get my money back, I have to cover the shipping to send this heavy piece of junk back to them.  The knob on the top was broken into pieces.  The knob, perhaps, is the only damage that may have been done due to shipping.  

I should have listened to the warnings about china made heat presses.  I just wanted to warn anyone else before they give this company any of their hard earned money.  It looks as though they purposely ship out damaged merchandise.

Thanks, end of rant. :mad:

• Like 2

that is the second one like that we have had - after years of impecable service from them not sure what changed - contact them - last person got about 1/2 back I think

• Like 1

I had the clamshell - with the over the center pressure adjustment - read years ago the rear pressure adjustment was inferior - the only top mnfg that uses it is knight and that is the only one I would consider with that feature.  I think you are onto something with the model being the problem - they also started selling a clam with rear pressure I wouldn't buy

I have the Sunie Hat Press....it arrived all fine, box and all, its a decent hat press for $194, i have made many hats with it. my only complaint is it only has one heat platen and isn't removable...but again for only $194, i have already made my money back on it.

i ordered a sunnie 15x15 about a month ago and love it so far...came in great shape and works great..sucks to hear some of you all are having

bad luck.