BAM

Wester Mine Tool co. Redo

Here is a redo of our logo design. Still is not finalized, we have been workin on both for about an hour tell me what you guys think of these compared to the last.. Oh and the last had the GUNS AND FONT because the person who asked to do the logo wanted it to look like the post I made saying Id this font and get a prize. ( if you don't know what i'm talking about i'll re post the pic just ask me)  Thats why it looked the way it looked.  But I Agree with those who commented on my last post that it needed to be redone. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.  

post-88021-0-06533500-1409810625_thumb.j

post-88021-0-04644400-1409835730_thumb.p

Top one gets my vote just need to add the co. maybe under mine in the oval.

NOTED! :D THANKS

Do you think the holes for the nose look like teeth ?

Do you think the holes for the nose look like teeth ?

Yes...buck teeth.

Sue2

Top one

Lighten up the dark gray oval behind the skull.

Much better than that first one from the other day.

mark-s

• Like 1

Take the nostrils and try something more oval shaped or at least more rounded and less sharp that may help.

• Like 1

THE SECOND ONE IS WAYY ROUGH I'M IN THE PROCESS OF FIXING IT

Still like the top one but I'd get a little lighter around the text so it's easier to read.

Still like the top one but I'd get a little lighter around the text so it's easier to read.

Thanks Will do! Its going to be on vinyl and be a graphic for there website. They may send it off to get some contour cut stickers I'm not sure so i'll do it the best that I can for both Mediums. Thanks SOO much for the help

Top one

Lighten up the dark gray oval behind the skull.

Much better than that first one from the other day.

mark-s

like this? or ..?

post-88021-0-86608200-1409848520_thumb.p

By the way everyone I hope you know I've been doing this for less than a month so.. To those of you who think i'm fishing for compliments, or I think I'm soo good at this I really Don't. I just want help and constructive criticism and to those of you who have done this I thank you VERY MUCH :D.  

• Like 1

This or a bit lighter

mark-s

I really like that grey actually do you have a number for it if not i'll just screenshot a pull it up. :D thanks!!

I think I'd either get rid of the shadow on the text, or make the shadow dark enough that it appear inside the oval. Or maybe add a shadow to the oval to give the appearance that the oval and text are on the same level. As it stands, I see it as the text outside of the oval is on a higher level than the text inside the oval. Which could be the effect you're going for, but to me it just doesn't feel right.

I like the top skull in post #10. It will look nice after some clean up. The second skull is cool but not for cut vinyl....too detailed and would be a weed nightmare as it sits.....be great for full color print.

I agree with mark on your background oval. You need a lighter color to make the text pop.

And to complicate things a bit more  :huh: I think your text is too busy also. Nice font but go with a solid black for easy weeding. Cut one, weed it and you will see what I mean. 

Keep it going Bam. The overall design is looking good!

• Like 1

I like the top skull in post #10. It will look nice after some clean up. The second skull is cool but not for cut vinyl....too detailed and would be a weed nightmare as it sits.....be great for full color print.

I agree with mark on your background oval. You need a lighter color to make the text pop.

And to complicate things a bit more  :huh: I think your text is too busy also. Nice font but go with a solid black for easy weeding. Cut one, weed it and you will see what I mean. 

Keep it going Bam. The overall design is looking good!

Thank you I really Appreciate The compliment your one of the nicer ones.. Every one critisises me like I've been Doing this forever lol Its kinda discouraging But I Get a few compliments like yours and it makes me want to try harder and do much better! Also I've literally been doing this for little over a week Do you think My designs are good for only been doing that for that amount of time.. Also I'm only 19.. so 

You're welcome Bam. I know how it is.....I am in the same boat you are...learning that is. I have only been at it since March with no prior training or experience. But I haven't had much time at all to put into it. Not nearly as much as I'd like to.....feel like I should be so much further by now but it will come.  I have learned a lot from the members here. Actually most of what I know came from this sight as I am not one to jump forums too much. 

These guys/gals may seem like their being hard on you but their barks are louder than their bites. A lot of them are highly educated in the industry and have years of experience. If they really didn't want to help you they wouldn't. They just want you to put the efforts in yourself before simply asking for the easy answer. You seem willing to put the work in so you'll be fine..... Now how's that logo looking? 

• Like 1

You're getting it figured out. It doesn't come overnight and I second the notion that you not take the critique personal. It's like school....oh not that again right! Well they are just giving you some pro-bono help and if you can see past the criticism to the constructive part you'll be the one helping someone out sooner than you think. Looks like you have access to adobe suite! Way to go, that's a big deal.