I am having trouble with uneven cutting using my Copam cutter.  I am thinking it may be the cutting strip, as I have never replaced mine.  Now for the stupid question....do I have to buy the actual part for the copam 2500 or are there "generic" cutting strips?  I just don't want to spend $20 plus shipping and handling in case it is not the problem.  I have read also where you can test it by using a pen???  Anyone know how to do that?  Also I read where you can use reflective vinyl to replace your cutting strip?:huh: Know anything about that???

Thanks in advance!!!!

Do you see any cuts or gouges in your cutting strip? Does it appear to be flat and level all the way across?  

• Like 1

I think you are right.  I wish it were that easy of a fix! It makes a knocking noise when the carriage brings down the blade, which it has never done before.  It also won't cut uness it is on the lower pressure settings, which makes no sense at all.  When I put it on the lowest pressure it will cut, but it skips spots in letters, like it doesn't completely come back to cut where it started (that's plain as mud :huh:)  So, not sure what to replace.... the mother board, the carriage, the blade holder???