BAM

NEED To know what kind of vinyl I bought

So, I made a leap and spent 500 dollars on some vinyl and IT was a freaking steal!! No, like, there is over 1000 ft of vinyl most 12in.x24in. some 24in.x24in. some heat transfer TONS OF application tape like industrial sized rolls!! So, if anyone needs some samples of colors I can help you out. Most is Oracal, some is easy weed! BUT, here is the thing not all of it is labeled sooo, i'm having some trouble finding the brand and the type; is there a way to differentiate between heat transfer, indoor and outdoor rating without markings!? Also, I have a ton of chalkboard vinyl if anyone is interested in buying some I can take pictures of what I have and upload it. I have sample squares I cut a 1inx1in. square of each sheet of color I have, no rolls yet but, I can get those going. Actually, i'm going to make a sample sheet with the squares now and take a pic.. I know the colors won't be exact but you'll get the point and if you want a color I'll list every color I have and the amount of sheets too. Keep in mind its 12in.x24in.
THANKS AGAIN GUYS YOU ALL ROCK!!  :rolleyes:  EACH BOX IN THE PICTURE IS FULL OF 12x24 Sheets I added a picture of the chalk board vinyl tell me if you like the project (the giraffe) I made for my Niece. Rough stages but I plan to do better.

post-88021-0-13394000-1409635421_thumb.j

post-88021-0-60299900-1409635422_thumb.j

post-88021-0-64745900-1409635423_thumb.j

post-88021-0-82106600-1409635424_thumb.j

post-88021-0-06060700-1409635426_thumb.j

post-88021-0-27038800-1409635427_thumb.j

post-88021-0-83433000-1409635428_thumb.j

post-88021-0-34584400-1409635430_thumb.j

Did the seller provide a list? Seems like they should know and would want to help you know what your getting. Other than that, I would check the backing of each for any info that's printed on them. I'm sure one of the pro's will know alot just by looking at the pictures, they rock like that. :)

Did the seller provide a list? Seems like they should know and would want to help you know what your getting. Other than that, I would check the backing of each for any info that's printed on them. I'm sure one of the pro's will know alot just by looking at the pictures, they rock like that. :)

Umm he told me the names of the vinyl like the brands Oracal Easy Weed And Orafol. But he did not specify which were what lol! cus some are really thick matte colors and i want to do some windows with them but not sure if they are outdoor rated! :( But do you think 500 is a good price for all of the vinyl I got or was it too much ? most of it is 631\651 some 671 and a lot of metallic and reflective materials.

Once you figure out how much of what you have in each then you can analyze the cost per foot. I'd say you did alright from the looks of it.:)

It appears like you have 2x 50-yard rolls of DecoSparkle 15" holographic film (one rainbow, one blue), which sells for $63 (15" x 5 yards) --- so those two rolls are worth over $1200.

It appears like you have 2x 50-yard rolls of DecoSparkle 15" holographic film (one rainbow, one blue), which sells for $63 (15" x 5 yards) --- so those two rolls are worth over $1200.

So I got an amazing deal is what you're saying :D lol 

if your  having problems figuring out what is heat transfer and what is sign vinyl just go to one corner and peel a little back. If the vinyl is sticky usually that's sign vinyl. If it isn't sticky but the carrier is that's usually heat transfer, now if the carrier isn't sticky and the vinyl isn't sticky that is also heat transfer vinyl.

I think she means what HTV is what. Most HTV is applied at a higher temp than easyweed and even easyweed will tolerate the higher heat if needed. I would play with some small pieces and mark any rolls that you have that are big enough with the results. We usually say that you should see the pattern of the fabric if possible. I usually watch for adhesive pushing out around the edges as a sign that I'm a little too hot or pressing too long. 

What part of Utah are you from BAM? 

I think she means what HTV is what. Most HTV is applied at a higher temp than easyweed and even easyweed will tolerate the higher heat if needed. I would play with some small pieces and mark any rolls that you have that are big enough with the results. We usually say that you should see the pattern of the fabric if possible. I usually watch for adhesive pushing out around the edges as a sign that I'm a little too hot or pressing too long. 

Central Utah . What part of idaho are you from ?

It is a great deal as long as the vinyl isn't too old. Sign vinyl does have a shelf life.

Its fairly new less than a year. 

By the way goose Do you like my ghetto Application tape roller my bf made lol I think its pretty cool. Kina useless with all the big freaking rolls of ap tape i have now but it works :)

if your  having problems figuring out what is heat transfer and what is sign vinyl just go to one corner and peel a little back. If the vinyl is sticky usually that's sign vinyl. If it isn't sticky but the carrier is that's usually heat transfer, now if the carrier isn't sticky and the vinyl isn't sticky that is also heat transfer vinyl.

:) THANKS FOR THE TIPP! I'll try that out!

Nothing wrong with ghetto gear. I have plenty. LOL I'm in Nampa which if you haven't been up here is 15min west of boise. I come down to SLC fairly regularly. Several of my kids are big into volleyball and we come down for tourneys and such. I have some relatives down there and lived down there myself for a couple years. North Ogden and Bluffdale. 

Nothing wrong with ghetto gear. I have plenty. LOL I'm in Nampa which if you haven't been up here is 15min west of boise. I come down to SLC fairly regularly. Several of my kids are big into volleyball and we come down for tourneys and such. I have some relatives down there and lived down there myself for a couple years. North Ogden and Bluffdale. 

I'm Actually from Idaho I'm from Meridian! :) I've been to Nampa I had quite a few friends there

• Like 1

I'm Actually from Idaho I'm from Meridian! :) I've been to Nampa I had quite a few friends there

Ha small world!   :thumbsup: We live out south of town by the fish hatchery and the wilson fishing ponds. (coincidentally I am NOT a fisherman)

There isn't much in central Utah. Moab. Sand dunes... scorpions

Ha small world!   :thumbsup: We live out south of town by the fish hatchery and the wilson fishing ponds. (coincidentally I am NOT a fisherman)

There isn't much in central Utah. Moab. Sand dunes... scorpions

:( I know!! Its a desolate wasteland here. But the community is small and tight nit so thats a plus for some. I'm moving back up to orem here soon so that will be nice! :D