Sign in to follow this  
The Elvis Legacy

Epson Printer for tshirts

I have been looking into getting an Epson printer for making designs for t shirts.  I have a roll of http://www.stahls.com/printable-heat-transfer-material-express-print and was wondering if I can print on this with the Epson or if I need to use eco-solvent ink on it.

I was also looking at the Epson WF 7610 mainly for the larger print size (13 x 19).  I also see the Epson Artisan 1430 has the same print size.  Any suggestions on one or the other?

I have been looking into getting an Epson printer for making designs for t shirts.  I have a roll of http://www.stahls.com/printable-heat-transfer-material-express-print and was wondering if I can print on this with the Epson or if I need to use eco-solvent ink on it.

I was also looking at the Epson WF 7610 mainly for the larger print size (13 x 19).  I also see the Epson Artisan 1430 has the same print size.  Any suggestions on one or the other?

You cant print on that with regular ink you need Eco-solvent in and a eco-solvent printer. the lowest will be the roland bn20 it will run you $8500 New about $6500 used .

http://www.stahls.com/roland-bn-20-print-cut

for the WF 7610 or 1430 you need inkjet transfer paper and pigment ink.

https://cobraink.com/CIS/CIS%20kits/7520%20kit/CIS%204oz%20Kit%20WF7520.htm

Over on the Big auction they have a Epson starter kit different size printer with Chroma Ink for cotton shirts. comes with some paper for black and white shirts refills soft wear and other things. Won't let me post link so search Epson t shirt printer transfer making kits.

I like my 1430 best printer i ever bought!

I liked it first ;D. Glad to hear it's working out for you!

I went with the DIY option.

wf 7510. $150.00  Epson Ebad Store

Printpayless Ciss $35.00 Ebad

Cobra Pigment ink (2ozx4) $28.00  www,cobraink.com

JPSS and 3g Transfer paper $40 Ebad  25/15 sheets

$253 total   Not bad at all. 

I bought my WF7520 from the Epson Outlet Store on ebay and it looked brand new and worked just fine.  It has a full 1 year warranty, but I don't foresee needing it.

I bought a generic CISS kit from ebay for a WF1100 and found that you do get what you pay for.  There were no instructions - the auction included a link to a YouTube video for a different printer and so it was basically useless.  I eventually got it hooked up and working, but was never really happy with it.  I had to cut away a piece of the printer's plastic casing to keep the printer lid from cutting off the flow of ink when it closed on top of the tubing.

Cobra Ink's CISS kits are more expensive, but they are much higher quality and come with detailed instructions including a video DVD that walks you through the entire process, plus their customer support is outstanding.

My Epson Stylus 1400 and WF7520 are both outfitted with Cobra Ink CISS kits and my Epson WFP-4020 uses the 4 oz. refillable cartridges from Cobra Ink - it's like having a CISS kit built into the printer!

By default, the Epson 1400 series printers use 6 colors of dye ink, vs only 4 colors of pigment ink in the WF series.  You can run sublimation ink through either type of printer, but you'll need to buy 50% more ink (bulk or cartridges) to fill a 6-color printer vs. a 4-color printer, just something to keep in mind...

I have an Epson 3880 with the Cobra Ink system.  This is my second cobra ink system.  The first time I had the CIS, and this time I have the refillable cartridges.  I can not say enough about the wonderful customer support.  I had a difficult time getting the cartridges to work (my fault), and Cobra stayed with me until I was printing successfully.  Go with Cobra and you will be very happy.  I much prefer the cartridges to the CIS system.

Julia

Question - if my heat press is 15 x 15 . Can i get the Epson 7610 which does larger prints and still overlap the press to get the full sheet pressed for sublimation?

Question - if my heat press is 15 x 15 . Can i get the Epson 7610 which does larger prints and still overlap the press to get the full sheet pressed for sublimation?

Yes and no. Theoretically yes but if the paper shifts even the slightest amount you'll see it. I'd use spray glue to hold the paper all over, not just the corners like heat tape does.

• Like 1