Dragonduster

Graphtec ce300-60 for $650 is good price?

a friend's boss is selling a graphtec ce300-60 for $650, semi new.

i have a uscutter one already of 32" but dont know if i should get this one or save for a ce600-60, i read the ce300-60 is very old now. is it a good price? should i buy it or wait?

I say offer the 500 but worth the $650 - if it is the mk2 version (sticker on top part will say that) it would be the last version before the ce5000 - basidally the same unit just blue

only real differrence in a non mk2 and the mk2 is the mk2 has optical registration for contour cutting - other than that it is just as accurate as the older one - great machine either way but i not an mk2 I would definately go for the 550-600 range - it is a bargaining chip

I have no idea about the value of that particular cutter, but negotiating strategy is the same for all items of this nature (obsolete, used machinery) ----  ask him "What's the lowest you'll take?" and when he responds with his number, ask "Would you accept X? (where X is twenty dollars less than his number) ----  he likely will say "OK"

..... but that is NOT your offer (You posed a theoretical question "would you")

Now, just say, "hmmmmm, so your lowest was not really your lowest" and start counting out fifty-dollar bills on the table, until you have a stack that equals $400. (8 bills).

That is your real offer.

Shake hands and write up the bill of sale.