BAM

Importing Into Flexi 10

Every Time I try to import this Iron Maiden PIcture it only cuts the outline like the box Please keep in mind I'm Very new to flexi! Even when i separate them from the background like the lettering it still does not show up or it will just do the box as shown in the pictures! Sorry if this is an easy question or it has been answered I could not find it. THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE YOU ARE ALL AWESOME!! And quite funny :)

post-88021-0-59609800-1409547139_thumb.p

post-88021-0-66377500-1409547141_thumb.p

post-88021-0-22152600-1409547226_thumb.p

post-88021-0-47956300-1409547309_thumb.p

I'm not familiure with AI but just wondering if you have both colors selected in Flexi for the first file or just the black?

on the second file you have all 3 colors selected.  In the Cut/Plot window you can see the 3 colors showing on the upper left side of the preview window.

Just click on one of the other colors and it should show up in the preview window.

post-24657-0-13220600-1409552024_thumb.p

I'm not familiure with AI but just wondering if you have both colors selected in Flexi for the first file or just the black?

on the second file you have all 3 colors selected.  In the Cut/Plot window you can see the 3 colors showing on the upper left side of the preview window.

Just click on one of the other colors and it should show up in the preview window.

:D LOL OOPS 

Okay so in the second photo and last photo I got the preview to work with the separated colors but, the first photo when I do not separate the colors Flexi still  does not cut the IRON MAIDEN, it just cuts the box like in the third photo. What am I doing wrong ? I would like the letters in box as the original graphic I produced with AI. And how do I get the preview to work with all colors at once ? :D Thanks Again, You All Rock!

Under properties in the cut window third tab to the right select cut all colors. You can turn on or off certain colors that way. Also are you selecting the entire file in flexi or just highlighting the outside. If you highlight 1 part and go to cut it will only bring in the highlighted part.

• Like 1

Under properties in the cut window third tab to the right select cut all colors. You can turn on or off certain colors that way. Also are you selecting the entire file in flexi or just highlighting the outside. If you highlight 1 part and go to cut it will only bring in the highlighted part.

WHOO THANKS!!! VERY HELPFUL!!! I HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION THOUGH... How do I take off the scaling option when I cut? For example I type in 5 in for height and I want it to be 4 inches in width, but when I type it in from the project manager it automatically sets the width for me. I assume it's scaling automatically, so the proportion does not go all crazy, but some things I need to be slightly disproportionate and set to specific measurements. Sorry SOO many questions I'm sure a few min on google or a read through of the manual would allow me to acquire the corresponding information, but It is soo much more fun asking you guys! ;) you're very inquisitive and profoundly knowledgeable in an infinite amount of categories! I appreciate the help Truley ! :D Thanks Again LOL

Type your text out then click on your pick tool (arrow) design central box should show up. Towards the bottom of that box is a the proportional check box. Deselect it and then you can change it any way you want.

Does this work with Regular (vectors)  Objects as well ? Do I just type in the size I want before I click Cut. ?

If you would click the HELP at the top of your layout screen  Then HELP topics,, you have a user manual for most basics.

Does this work with Regular (vectors)  Objects as well ? Do I just type in the size I want before I click Cut. ?

Yes but I am not even remotely a Flexi expert. I only use it to cut from and occasionally a simple text job.

Yes but I am not even remotely a Flexi expert. I only use it to cut from and occasionally a simple text job.

Well I've only had it for a few weeks now I plan on getting very proficient with it! But thank you soo soo much for your help you're Awesome!! :)

If you would click the HELP at the top of your layout screen  Then HELP topics,, you have a user manual for most basics.

As I previously stated "Sorry SOO many questions I'm sure a few min on google or a read through of the manual would allow me to acquire the corresponding information, but It is so much more fun asking you guys!  ;) you're very inquisitive and profoundly knowledgeable in an infinite amount of categories! I appreciate the help Truly" ......So i'm very well aware of the manual. I'm not lazy I just find it fun to ask questions and interact with people. But thanks for the tip! ! I appreciate it

• Like 1

Mzskeeter is pointing you in the right direction. Plenty more info in the directions than what most of us will ever know.

• Like 1

Mzskeeter is pointing you in the right direction. Plenty more info in the directions than what most of us will ever know.

I know :) I was being sincere when i said thanks 

• Like 2

I've been using Flexi for 8 years and still don't know a fraction of what it can do. I learn as I need to learn.

• Like 1