Sign in to follow this  
security802

First Tiles

post-36874-0-96434700-1409530364_thumb.j

My first tile mural 8.5x8.5 looks like I need more pressure so less white on edges. Am I correct in my thought?

• Like 4

Looks good to me. I like the broken up look. Matter of fact, I'd prolly even space them out 1/8".

If not, might as well do a solid tile.....

• Like 1

Looks good to me. I like the broken up look. Matter of fact, I'd prolly even space them out 1/8".

If not, might as well do a solid tile.....

Thanks, Have to make a frame for it at some point now

Wife loves it says the edges make it look like it was supposed to be that way. Guess I am too picky at times LOL

Are you pressing these face up with a green silicon pad over the top, or face down on Nomex felt?

The white edges are usually a sign that you don't have a padded surface that is conforming to match the curve of the tile(s).

• Like 1

Are you pressing these face up with a green silicon pad over the top, or face down on Nomex felt?

The white edges are usually a sign that you don't have a padded surface that is conforming to match the curve of the tile(s).

Oh The video showed face down with green pad on top.... I will try face up with green pad on top for the next ones. Thanks Jones

I think it came out great!I love the image! Annd  I like the white edges too. My first's don't ever look that good.

When I first did tiles I pressed them face down (printed image facing up - tile facing down on top of the print) on Nomex felt.

I eventually spent the money on a green silicon pad and now do them facing up and get equivalent results with a shorter cook time.

Either way, the padding keeps the print held against the curved edges.

When I first did tiles I pressed them face down (printed image facing up - tile facing down on top of the print) on Nomex felt.

I eventually spent the money on a green silicon pad and now do them facing up and get equivalent results with a shorter cook time.

Either way, the padding keeps the print held against the curved edges.

Thanks for the input greatly appreciate it. Makes learning easier with the advice from everyone here

looks like the image moved when you pressed it. green pad and a little over bleed on the print will fix that. 

Looks good.

looks like the image moved when you pressed it. green pad and a little over bleed on the print will fix that. 

Looks good.

Spray adhesive, green pad and 1/8" bleed all around. Think Jones has it right do it face up with the green pad. We shall see on the next one. May try on a single tile next tho