Sign in to follow this  
knucklehead

Sublimation Inks

since the sawgrass patent ended today there is going to be lots of sub ink on the market now. 

Get a hold of Richard at Cobra Ink he will take care of you mention my name and take 10% more off good luck

• Like 1

Yeah, if Richard can sell the high temp (sublimation) inks again, go with him.

Yes he is I am not sure if its on his web site but I know he has it and all you have to do is call him and let him know you are a forum member

Yes he is I am not sure if its on his web site but I know he has it and all you have to do is call him and let him know you are a forum member

yup its on the site i posted the link. sawgrass patent ended.

Thanks Yeah he just sent me a email saying that

Did ya know, Sawgrass's patent was only for inks for 'desktop' printers? Their patent didn't cover wide format Mimaki, Roland, Epsons, etc. They've been doing sublimation since before there even was a Sawgrass.

Thought I would give inkpro2day a try, my order was placed 7 days ago and its still not fulfilled, so I contacted them and they told me that my ink is being held up by customs.

So I ordered another cheap set of inks from Amazon the other day, wonder which one will arrive first?

I got my printer from craigslist for cheap ($60 for New Epson C88 with CISS) and I didn't want to sink a lot of money into inks since I'm just playing around with sublimation.

Thought I would give inkpro2day a try, my order was placed 7 days ago and its still not fulfilled, so I contacted them and they told me that my ink is being held up by customs.

Customs is quick and easy on items like that. The only time there is a delay is when they have an amount of packages that is larger than usual. If they are in Cali, where is the ink shipping from?  Have any type of tracking or customs form number?

Customs is quick and easy on items like that. The only time there is a delay is when they have an amount of packages that is larger than usual. If they are in Cali, where is the ink shipping from?  Have any type of tracking or customs form number?

ummmmm - someone , who shall remain nameless, once sent flavored pancake mix from a grist mill to a secret santa recipient in another country . . . customs took their time going thru it with a fine tooth comb before sending it on . . . that anonymous person didn't think about that before sending and learned that customs can be pretty picky  :rolleyes:.    last year sent a gerber knife as part of the package and that went thru with no delays LOL    or so I heard

Some foods are prohibited in certain countries. You would be surprised at the lists they have.

• Like 1

So I ordered another cheap set of inks from Amazon the other day, wonder which one will arrive first?

I got my printer from craigslist for cheap ($60 for New Epson C88 with CISS) and I didn't want to sink a lot of money into inks since I'm just playing around with sublimation.

Just went and picked up some ink from there yesterday. $15.00 for the 180m

post-42519-0-20171200-1413501411_thumb.j

I was told that they were expecting their shipment to be released by Friday, and they would ship it to me asap. But on the other hand, the Amazon in arrived today.

Have you tried their ink before is it any good?

I was told that they were expecting their shipment to be released by Friday, and they would ship it to me asap. But on the other hand, the Amazon in arrived today.

Have you tried their ink before is it any good?

yeah I like their ink. I'm waiting for my yellow refillable cart to ship today since he was out and he said he was getting a shipment in today. I might just head down and pick it up and get more sub ink.