gcextreme

USMC for my brothers topper.

I did this, both sides, on my older bro's topper. He lives in texas and my parents bought this for him and are taking it to him next month. Hes gonna be surprised when he sees it.

It cut fine, and I cleaned the windows and did a wet install and for some reason the vinyl had a hard time sticking...I dont know why. I did it the same way as i did the two semi trucks earlier this month.

20140831_153831_zpskzipuj57.jpg

• Like 4

If he doesnt like his name there he can easily remove just that. But he has his name and rank stuff on his hood anyways.

I just did a USMC bulldog on a basketball size garden orb. The orb is metallic purple. I did a trial cut with white vinyl. Trying to get it perfect was a 

pain. I figured on doing the trial to get the vinyl the right size .I cut it in several places to make it easier to conform. I had some nice chrome

vinyl that was supposed to be the final image. The customer was so pleased with the test run,he stayed with that. I have done about a dozen

Marine layouts for him. I guess once a Marine always a Marine.

It should be SSgt not SSG...  Not trying to be an ass but that is how the Army and Air Force would write it and us Marines don't do it like that. Sorry it's a Marine thing.  Where is your brother stationed?

• Like 2

He is no longer in the marines...he served from 1996-2012. He got discharged after being wounded on his 3rd tour in the sandbox.

I was unaware of the correct abbreviation for staff sargeant. I will have to fix it before they leave.

He was at Ft. Hood in Texas.

Great job looks good like you said he can remove the name if he doesn't like it but he wont leave the ssgt that way

Semper Fi

You probably had issues with it sticking since it was a wet install on glass.  I have done several large installs on glass and each time I tried a wet install I got the same results.  I found it helpful to leave it for about 10 minutes after you install and let it dry a bit before attempting to pull off the tape. If it still tries to come up put it in the sun (if its on a vehicle and can be moved) or grab a heat gun to evaporate the solution as much as possible.