Kirk89

Considering a GraphTec CE6000 Model. Question.

I am considering purchasing a GraphTec CE6000-40 or -60. I tend to mostly cut small things and need a way to quickly line up scraps. Does this model allow you to quickly line up scraps? The great thing about my USCutter machines is on most of them you can hit "reset" and the vinyl will quickly feed forward and backward so you can eyeball the staightness. Any help is appreciated!

I have the bigger FC  30" And a CE5000 -24" and have no problem doing scraps.  CE6000.. would be no problem either.

I have the CE6000-40.  I do pretty well with the 15" machine.  I'd always had 24" or bigger so this is the smallest machine I've ever owned (it's also the most solid followed shortly by my old Roland).  Having said all that, you cannot be a Graphtec.  If you have the money though, I would go bigger.  It's better to have it and not need it than to not have it and need it. 

40 is a desktop model so no stand. it comes with little 'table top rollers' that kinda hook under the machine. They're "ok" but nothing beats a stand...

You can use scraps on this one.  no issues there

• Like 1

You can use scraps on this one.  no issues there

Thanks! How easy is it to quickly line up scraps accurately? I cut out probably about 100 scraps of vinyl daily so I just want to be sure.

Thanks! How easy is it to quickly line up scraps accurately? I cut out probably about 100 scraps of vinyl daily so I just want to be sure.

I don't line anything up,  put the scraps in and cut...  I can put both of my pinch rollers on the larger grit roller and put the pinch rollers side by side and cut 2" w scraps.   Turn off pinch rollers sensor in back ground settings.   These cutters (Graphtec) has great tracking.

If you can afford it get the 24" model...  I would not have a cutter without a stand....And you can do so much more with a 24" cutter.

USCutter says that in late September they will be coming out with a Titan 3, which will have servo motors in even the desktop version and will be a lot closer to what Graphtec offers. They say that if a Graphtec has issues they are unable to help with much other than troubleshooting and of course on their own machines they can do much more. Also they say that the Titan 2 reset works like I am used to for lining up vinyl so likely the Titan 3 will be the same. In your opinion, should I wait a month to really look at what they have to offer or just go ahead and get the Graphtec?

Oh and while I am here... I have noticed that straight lines cut very quickly with my USCutter machines (all happen to have stepper motors), while curved lines go about 1/3rd the speed. Is this also the case with whatever servo motor machine you have? (Leaving the name of the machine out in case other people want to weigh in)

One of the things I still appreciate about my TC cutter (besides it's solid performance)

is it's simplicity. Loading a small scrap & getting it lined up for a close cut literally takes seconds.

kirk89, you wrote, "I cut out probably about 100 scraps of vinyl daily so I just want to be sure."

It seems like you are creating quite a lot of scraps. Some software (like VinylMaster) lets

you nest many same color files together, creating less waste and, for

a hundred cuts a day, could be a real time saver for you as well.

The Graphtec speed stays the same speed, to what ever you cut. what ever speed you set.. The same speed thru out the entire design until done. I know what you are talking about.   My Seiki would do that, on straight cuts it would fly from 1 end to the other end of the vinyl.   A Graphtec does not do that.

Graphtec tech support has always been the go to...Not UScutter.....Graphtec has the warranty.

• Like 1

One of the things I still appreciate about my TC cutter (besides it's solid performance)

is it's simplicity. Loading a small scrap & getting it lined up for a close cut literally takes seconds.

Thanks for all the info you mentioned but the above is what I want to focus on.

I also have a TC. What is your method for getting a scrap lined up in your TC? When I hit reset on my TC it does not do the back and forth vinyl motion that my MH and SC cutter do.

The Graphtec speed stays the same speed, to what ever you cut. what ever speed you set.. The same speed thru out the entire design until done. I know what you are talking about.   My Seiki would do that, on straight cuts it would fly from 1 end to the other end of the vinyl.   A Graphtec does not do that.

What speed would you recommend for intricate small designs for your graphtec?

What speed would you recommend for intricate small designs for your graphtec?

It depends on how large of a design..  But I never cut over speed 5 anyway..I answer questions here, just like now while I am cutting..   Small test designs speed 2-3

If you keep your pinch rollers the same equal distance on the edge of the vinyl, tracking should not be a issue...I don't prefeed scraps. put in and cut.

I also sent you a PM

Also it was mentioned that I am getting a lot of scraps.... I actually cut out the scraps in advance in certain widths so when orders come in I have the right size for the job and 1/4 inch on either side of the scrap of waste. It works out :). The scraps have 1 inch increments that range from 2.5" to 6.5" in width. Its probably uncommon but it works for me :)

I haven't used the TC since getting a Graphtec a few months ago but, best I recall,

I lined up the scrap by eye, clamped it down and used the arrow keys to run it back and forth

while adjusting one side's pinch roller as needed. Usually just a minute amount.

All this before hitting "origin", of coarse.

That's nuts about precutting the scraps in advance.

(errr, I should say, "I don't get it".)

I don't get pre cutting scraps either....   Actually because I make very large decals,  I have some scraps left over on sides etc..  I make some smaller designs just to use up those scraps.

You probably do signs that are reasonable size. The average size of my decals are about 3"x3". Sign purchases are rare.

You probably do signs that are reasonable size. The average size of my decals are about 3"x3". Sign purchases are rare.

No, I do not do signs. Never have.  I make large designs  mostly 20" w x 8ft-12ft long. average.   You work too hard, selling those 3" x 3" decals.  I only need to sell 4-6 a week, to make $500,  How many to you have to sell to make that? 

You are right. I work very hard. I probably earn $18/hr but I work many hours and my work pace has to be top notch. When I find a more profitable product I will jump on it.

Little decals are not the way to make good money.. That is what I use my scrap for.  I make  $65-125 and hour on average. depending on the job. .I created a niche' that works for me...  And only need to work very few hours a week  ...  I always say it is the best part time job with full time pay, I ever had.... You need a better plan..  Your working too hard for little money. Not saying $18 an hour is not decent money,  but there is much bigger money out there.

Thanks I will keep my eyes peeled. If only I were an artist I could print on vinyl and make amazing things.

Little decals are not the way to make good money.. That is what I use my scrap for.  I make  $65-125 and hour on average. depending on the job. .I created a niche' that works for me...  And only need to work very few hours a week  ...  I always say it is the best part time job with full time pay, I ever had.... You need a better plan..  Your working too hard for little money. Not saying $18 an hour is not decent money,  but there is much bigger money out there.

what do you make would like to see

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="djque" data-cid="370051" data-time="1409523513"><p>

what do you make would like to see</p></blockquote>

Good luck with that. Mzskeeter knows in order to be successful you don't give up you secrets. I've been trying for a while now.

• Like 3

Yeah i figured. I was just asking cause she said she makes 20x8ft designs