Sign in to follow this  
knucklehead

Camaro RS/SS PhotoTex

Lovely. Ask Dakota if he still has a picture of the box I sent him. I 5 ink you got off easy.

• Like 1

Got an email from the guy's wife this morning, saying they had put the print up, and it had a bunch of creases in it, and her husband was such a perfectionist, but they could live with it, if I gave a 50% refund. She doesn't want to be bothered with sending it back, and getting a new one, and me claiming the damage on the insurance. Ain't happenin' honey. You got two choices, and that ain't one of them.

• Like 2

The buyer could still file claim on the insurance, no  problem,  all they have to do is go to the USPS.com website and open a claim...Show receipt of purchase..   I actually tell my buyers to do it.  As they have the package, and the package CANNOT be reshipped back..per USPS.com .The buyer must show the package to their USPS local post office, when requested to do so..  So, if the buyer actually screwed the decal up while applying, the post office doesn't have to pay the claim,  if not their fault. Usually the post office keeps the item then..  I would not have paid out of my pocket.  This is why the USPS provides the insurance FREE up to $50 on Priority and higher shipping..  and $100 to TOP Rated sellers.  on EBAY

• Like 1

Wish I had saved the pic now. It was held together with rubber bands by the time Dakota got it.

Did it have a sticker from the Post Office affixed? Around here, if a package comes open or is torn open during shipping it is tagged and bagged (large clear bag to catch items that may fall out) before delivery. Something along the lines of " Your package was opened somehow, check and see if anything is missing or damaged and contact the shipper." Really just saying it wasn't their fault, you packed it wrong.

Funny thing about mine was the guy at the post office packed it for me cause I was in a hurry. Nice to work in a small town :) he was disgusted when he saw the picture of how it arrived

Yeah, it had a stamp on it 'received damaged'. She emailed me today, stating it would be such a burden on the hubby to take it to the post office, he has a small business. So, I Google Earthed their address, and nearest PO, 4 1/2 miles, with one turn. Ain't happening honey.

Yeah, it had a stamp on it 'received damaged'. She emailed me today, stating it would be such a burden on the hubby to take it to the post office, he has a small business. So, I Google Earthed their address, and nearest PO, 4 1/2 miles, with one turn. Ain't happening honey.

HAHA (:

just got one last night that the usps destroyed - priority box smashed with expensive set in it . . . here we go again

ThankZ for the link MZ Skeeter. I'm going to send it to her, she can file with the PO, or her credit card company, I don't care, I'm about tired of her shit. She's done got kinda nasty about my lack of customer service, and my packaging sucks, etc. She's got a dozen reasons why she can't go 5 miles to the PO to send the print back, and get a brand spanky new one,

ThankZ for the link MZ Skeeter. I'm going to send it to her, she can file with the PO, or her credit card company, I don't care, I'm about tired of her shit. She's done got kinda nasty about my lack of customer service, and my packaging sucks, etc. She's got a dozen reasons why she can't go 5 miles to the PO to send the print back, and get a brand spanky new one,

Your welcome   That's right,, you didn't buy the insurance.. The USPS  provides the insurance FREE as a courtesy, for using Priority shipping and higher shipping to compete with other shippers....

The USPS 'provides' $50.00 worth of insurance, which we DO pay for. Like the priority boxes they 'provide', we DO pay for them, in the end. Plus, the 50 bucks worth of insurance won't cover that wall print, I pay for the other 50 bucks worth of coverage.

It is your responsibility to cover anything over the $50.00  If you want the item covered..  I have up to  $100.00  covered , for TOP RATED,,,  But if I ship an item worth over $100.00   I pay for the insurance myself and I pay for Signature confirmation myself......  Before the Top Rated,  I paid insurance to cover anything over the $50.00         Having no insurance is considered self insured,  just taking a chance nothing happens,  then if it does, it comes out of your pocket.   That is what you choose to do.

I figure insurance/ Signature confirmation into my pricing, right along with the shipping..  I don't have problems with damaged boxes,  I use heavy duty boxes,,,that I purchase. But I do have a problem with the boxes getting lost.....several times,  big boxes,,,24" x 6" x 6"    the problem is in Indy...  But I am covered for it...

• Like 1

Just like I said, I cover the cost of the insurance for any over $50.00, it's not much. It is also built in. It doesn't matter how heavy duty the box is, there's somone at the PO that can crunch it.