Sign in to follow this  
security802

$%#^@# Stole my art work

So local company wanted signs, so I told em no charge on design fee if I do the signs. So he says he wants me to do it but he is going away for a week can I shoot him an idea and he will get me the full amount instead of a 50% deposit. Long story short the ^%$hat Took what I had done, mind you it was a small jpeg low res and had someone else make the signs. I stopped and told him he owed $100 for the theft of my work... I got the $100 and he had the nerve to say hope your not mad I may have more work for you. Blamed his business partner for the stealing my work idea... Guess back to the drawing board for a new "contract" form so there is no ??'s on if they are stealing from me or not. Live and learn live and learn

So, you're not mad, right?

And this guy will be working with you in the future, correct?

Plus, you got $100 cash (which covers your design time).

So, you're not mad, right?

And this guy will be working with you in the future, correct?

Plus, you got $100 cash (which covers your design time).

Pissed, nope, and yup

I think that you're not giving him the benefit of the doubt, and maybe that's a bit harsh, based on how he apologized (and made you whole with the $100 payment) and offered to make it up to you in the future.

Sometimes going the extra mile with a difficult client can be worthwhile overall.

You shouldn`t have sent that JPG with out a deposit, I learned that a long time ago.

mark-s

You shouldn`t have sent that JPG with out a deposit, I learned that a long time ago.

mark-s

True, but it was so low res I thought I was ok, guess that's where I went wrong.

I think that you're not giving him the benefit of the doubt, and maybe that's a bit harsh, based on how he apologized (and made you whole with the $100 payment) and offered to make it up to you in the future.

Sometimes going the extra mile with a difficult client can be worthwhile overall.

I have a hard time believing him, as when I called he had someone lie he was on vacation and then tried to hide when I showed up. May be harsh, seemed to know he stole from me from all his actions

EL i had a lady do that to me not long ago. So now i will get deposit or watermark my images.. Some people are ridiculous with that stuff.

I rarely email proofs anymore. If they can't find time to stop and look it over with me then when will they find time to pay me

• Like 1

Even with low res or water mark, if you come up with a good look it can then be easily stolen. Would a watermark stop you if you wanted to copy something? Might slow you down a tad but that's about it. I'm pretty careful but have been burned once. In the end I wasn't out much because when I rough in I don't spend a lot of time making it "cut ready". I don't know who did it for the guy but they changed a few things that I had suggested. I guess the first time he heard it he thought I didn't know what I was talking about but when his second opinion said the same thing he went with him. Go figure. Maybe the other guy was cheaper. Win some you lose some.

• Like 1

True, but it was so low res I thought I was ok, guess that's where I went wrong.

You Should water mark the poop out of your work! 

I guess that's one thing I like about ebay the fact that they've already paid by the time I start any design work

• Like 1