Sign in to follow this  
Mercer57

Playing around with Vinyl Master

That's Vinyl Master?

The reason I ask is the outline of the L in GAMBLER - that little spike on top caused the outline to shoot up way high and that always bugged me in CorelDraw X3 which is why I finally gave up, paid the money and upgraded to X6 - only to find it does the exact same darn thing!!!!!

If you are using CorelDraw and you see it do that same thing again, I figured out how to fix it.  In the Contour settings, change the Contour Corners from Mitered Corners to Round Corners, and suddenly those spiky extensions disappear!  Maybe Vinyl Master has a similar setting you can try...

PS: most people probably won't even notice that, I only did because that was a thorn in my side for quite some time...

• Like 2

I have Corel draw, but I am using Vinyl master v4 pro. The trace to vector in the VM works better than corel I think, it only traces the major colors not all the minor shades like corel and give you 20 colors when you only need 2 or 3 for a layerd cut. Thanks for the tip on the spiking I wondered about that.

Thanks for this  :thumbsup:

This has been bugging me for a while but no its sorted.

That's Vinyl Master?

The reason I ask is the outline of the L in GAMBLER - that little spike on top caused the outline to shoot up way high and that always bugged me in CorelDraw X3 which is why I finally gave up, paid the money and upgraded to X6 - only to find it does the exact same darn thing!!!!!

If you are using CorelDraw and you see it do that same thing again, I figured out how to fix it.  In the Contour settings, change the Contour Corners from Mitered Corners to Round Corners, and suddenly those spiky extensions disappear!  Maybe Vinyl Master has a similar setting you can try...

PS: most people probably won't even notice that, I only did because that was a thorn in my side for quite some time...