Sign in to follow this  
101LEDs

What to make? Idea's?

Does anyone have a list of or idea's for projects to learn from/practice on? Only had a cutter for about a month.

I'm in the minority here since I don't do vinyl or signs for a living and constantly have new and interesting jobs coming in to keep things fresh and seems like a waste to cut randomly.

I have 30 rolls of vinyl in assorted colors and types(most 24" a few 15" and 2 12"). Oracal 6510,651,631, Avery 900, reflective, Mactac 8900, Multi Lens from HHSigns, and Green Star from the bundle. Also from when I bought the LP2, 2 banners and x frame sign. Picked up a roll of yellow magnetic and 7 colors of coroplast. There is a SW 5 mins away.

SCAL 3, Inkscape, Toshiba laptop w/touch, and a LP2.

I don't have a ton of time due to work, but try to do something everyday. Learn,design or cut.

I know this is an insignificant thing in the grand scheme of things, but many people create a decal to decorate their cutter head (that little square black box).

Here is the list of other projects ---

1. Landscapers in the neighborhood.

The will be soon going from lawn mowing to snow removal, and need coro yard signs and magnetics for their trucks

2. Banners for local farmer's market

3. Store hours -- offer to place a store-hours decal on the front window or door of area businesses, no charge.

This will generate good-will and could lead to other small jobs.

• Like 1

I know this is an insignificant thing in the grand scheme of things, but many people create a decal to decorate their cutter head (that little square black box).

Here is the list of other projects ---

1. Landscapers in the neighborhood.

The will be soon going from lawn mowing to snow removal, and need coro yard signs and magnetics for their trucks

2. Banners for local farmer's market

3. Store hours -- offer to place a store-hours decal on the front window or door of area businesses, no charge.

This will generate good-will and could lead to other small jobs.

I didn't think about that, I did replace the alignment marks for the grit rollers with a design of my own that is quicker and more accurate than what came on it.

I like the store hours idea, the farmers market and lawn guys might be a possibility.

Work on layering and registration marks!!

That was one of the first things I decided to work on, now it's seems fairly easy since I have a system that works for me. I watched a bunch of tutorials and mixed and matched styles until I found what I liked best. What is the maximum layer count before it's just too much?

• Like 1