JoeCamaro

Should I give Negative Feedback?

I wonder if it's possible for you to take it to the dispute console on eBay.

I understand that there are all kinds of rule and stipulations in eBay to attempt to protect both buyer and seller, but Joe's beef is more than valid.

He contacted the seller in advance because he lives outside of the "lower 48," "continental US," "contiguous US" or "US". The seller had the option to decline shipping to PR all together, but chose to respond ensuring what the cost for shipping would be should the buyer be from PR.

ranton.gif

I view it this way: Winning an eBay auction is a legal and binding contract (just like their website says). The only exceptions to the rules that have been clearly laid out, is if there has been communication between the seller and buyer PRIOR to the closing of the auction. The written communication is like a legal amendment to the particular stipulation that the seller outlined within the content of that particular auction.

rantoff.gif

So in Joe's case, it was the seller that breached the contract. To add insult to injury the seller did not even make a good faith effort to contact Joe prior to rejecting the payment. It doesn't matter whether or not the seller was aware that the funds would be in PayPal purgatory for a week - the seller is wrong in this situation.

eBay should be willing to intervene in this issue to make things right. I know that they have millions of sellers and buyers, but the system only works if people abide by the rules - buyers and sellers. Unfortunately eBay is not a perfect auction environment. I personally wish that there was an equal alternative to eBay. I was (indefinitely) banned from eBay last year for reasons that were completely out of my control and was none of my doing - it's a long story.brickwall.gifbrickwall.gifbrickwall.gif

Let's pool together as a forum and create out own version of eBay!!!!  ;D

Hey Humana, I like your thinking!  ;D  Let's start our own auction site, heck Tykite is always investigating stuff, he'll know how to get one started!!  ;D

;D ;D :P

I am soooooooo MAD!!!!!

This is unbelievable!!!!! I went to another ebay store looking for a similar item. I checked it, I liked so I contacted the seller. Shipping to the USA was $89.95 and I asked him how much would it be to ship to PR and he said $129.95 and we agreed on the shipping costs. I completed the purchase and he asked me not to pay as he needed to send me a new invoice with the difference in shipping costs. I followed his directions and did as he said.

Now, a few days later I received an email saying that they noticed I was in Puerto Rico and that they needed to charge $40.00 more for the shipping. That sucks! Im soooooo mad, I can only swear  :D I told them I was not willing to pay any difference, that I contacted them before buying and they gave me a price and we set on that and that it was their mistake.

B);D ;D :P Im angry!!!

JC

Sorry guys, needed to let that go.

how much does this item weigh and what is the approximate size?

Well Im not sure of how much it weights, but the thing isnt that. it is about the communication, About the seller telling me stuff and then changing it.

I think maybe we should start a "eBay sellers to avoid" list on this forum.

That seller sucks, and eBay sucks because they don't bother to police idiots like that. I feel your pain, many sellers do that when they learn they need to ship to Hawaii... I too contact all sellers in advance if shipping details do not mention Hawaii.

I asked eBay if it would be possible to add: AK/HI/PR to their seller's "willing to ship to" options. They said, no, it would be too difficult to add that. It's just another stupid thing that eBay isn't paying attention to.

I was a huge eBay fan when it first came out, but their lack of reasonable and rational customer service sucks badly and hate it every time I buy something from them because I can't get it cheaper any place else.

I feel your pain.

Well theres a new site here in PR that is trying to be an ebay replacement and thats ezbaypr.com. Let see if it works.

Joe

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Hmmm... ezBayHawaii.com??? hahahaha.

I would leave neg feedback. the only way they are going to change is by recieving neg feedback.

that no different than spending 4months working aon design and ideas for a club only to have them take your ideas to another sign co to do the job,using your exact ideas.

darrell