JoeCamaro

Should I give Negative Feedback?

Today I bought something on ebay. Before paying I contacted the seller and asked if he ship stuff to PR and how much would be and we set everything. I paid it in the morning. About 2 hours ago I received an email from the seller saying Paypal couldnt recognize my address so he refunded the money, just like that, he didnt ask to see if there was a mistake or if I wanted my item shipped somewhere else. He just decided he would refund the money and didnt look for options. The thing is that it didnt cost $5, it was $300, now those $300 are in hold for 3 to 5 days.

Im really dissapointed, he didnt try anything.

I never leave negative feedback If I dont like something, lets say slow shipping or seller communication I just tell the seller and ignore the feedback, but this time I got mad for this issue.

Now I have to find $300 more dollars if I want a similar item fast or wait up to 6 days.

Too Bad.

JC

Hey Joe! I'm in the same boat. I ordered some corperate logos so I could do a sign,from someone in canada, The shipping said same day. Its been over 2 wks. I live in colorado & still havent got them. I emailed the guy & he said normal shipping from canada is  5--14 days ( not what was advertised). If I ever get what I ordered I'm going to leave negative feedback. I belive people should do what they say . Sorry that happened to you ,You seem like a great guy! At least from what I've read of all your posts!  Good luck

Norm

Hey Norm that sucks  ;D

The thing is that I rather say nothing than say anything bad you know, but as you said, they should do what they say and advertise.

Sorry that happened to you ,You seem like a great guy! At least from what I've read of all your posts! 

Thanx for that  :angry:

Joe

My outlook is ; If were spending $ to make $ . I want to be treated like I would treat my customers.  I guess I'm just too new to the ebay game, but friends are friends,& business is business.  :angry:

i agree with tykite.thats bad business. they wouldnt hesitate to leave neg feedback for u. joe, i know ur a nice guy. but ur being to d@% nice now. take care of ur business. theyre costing u money my friend. think about it.

good luck. :angry:

Well, you know Joe - PR is pretty darn international  :angry:

I run into that issue all the time here too. I commend for contacting the seller in advance to work out the shipping issue. It's too bad that they were too stupid to honor the deal. If you're worried about the seller leaving you negative feedback (because you know they will if you leave negative feedback), than you can always leave a neutral one. Definitely get a very short and clear sentence on what happened (since eBay doesn't really give you a whole lot of room for comments). You should also be able to contact eBay and report that seller.

I can't stand it when people can't be straight-up with their eBay stuff.

Yeah Im worried about receiving a negative feedback. I have a 100% positive feedback score and I would like to keep it that way.

From my experience... if you leave negative feedback from someone, they will return the favor(leave you negative feedback).

neg feedback is a double edged sword. If you leave it, your gonna get it most likely. With the way ebay has changed rules I would probably just chalk it up to experience and move on thankful that my 300 bucks is only tied up and not gone! I have 100% feedback also and would hate to jeopordize it too! Too bad people everywhere aren't like the GREAT folks here!!

The address thing in paypal is pretty easy.  Usually if the address is wrong or unrecognizable, paypal will recommend the correct address.  If not then it takes five seconds to manually correct it.  I have even gone in there and totally changed the address to a different person all together and paypal didn't care. 

That was definitely bad business on their part.

Well I agree with the others, if you leave negative feedback the seller will 'return the favor', even though that's SOOO wrong.  I agree that atleast you will be getting your money back, thankfully.  Guess that's one seller who will never get your business again.

Another thing many sellers do on ebay is they expect the BUYER to leave feedback FIRST, when it should be the other way around...just an Ebay pet peeve.

I hope your next experience getting whatever it is your buying is a much better one.

Jenny

Hey Joe! I'm in the same boat. I ordered some corperate logos so I could do a sign,from someone in canada, The shipping said same day. Its been over 2 wks. I live in colorado & still havent got them. I emailed the guy & he said normal shipping from canada is  5--14 days ( not what was advertised). If I ever get what I ordered I'm going to leave negative feedback. I belive people should do what they say . Sorry that happened to you ,You seem like a great guy! At least from what I've read of all your posts!   Good luck

Norm

I'm not trying to defend the seller in this case I

The way I understand the new rules,sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers. That might not start til May thouigh.

Anyway,Joe...your 100% positive is important to you...I would advise leaving the guy no neg feedback just in case. Just mark it down to experience.

Omg, I have so much to say on the Ebay subject alone. I will refrain from it since none of it is productive. Joe, sucks the way the seller did ya. No communication at all, to me that is key and I have had repeat buyers because of it. Just depends on if you think the retaliatory ding on your feedback is worth it. Think about it for a day before ya post feedback. Maybe your position will change.

Zal

Guest Terry

The way I understand the new rules,sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers. That might not start til May thouigh.

Anyway,Joe...your 100% positive is important to you...I would advise leaving the guy no neg feedback just in case. Just mark it down to experience.

My thoughts also.

Guest Terry

Important new buyer identity protection

Keeping eBay your trusted source for great deals and truly unique finds is important to all of us. Toward this end, we're making an important change:

Soon we will no longer display the complete user IDs of people bidding on any auction-style listing. Instead, we'll use asterisks such as x***y to protect our members' identities. Sellers will continue to see complete user IDs on their listings and the winning bidder's ID will be visible to everyone after the auction ends.

We haven't provided this information on listings of $200 or higher for some time and it's been a very effective fraud deterrent for those items. For safety reasons, we're now expanding this protection to all auction-style listings.

We know many of you like to see who you're bidding against. But displaying this information makes it too easy for scammers to send out fake offers that include convincing details of your actual bidding activity on a specific listing, such as the item number, description and exact amount you bid.

In recent weeks fraudulent email offers targeting listings under $200 has surged unacceptably. To keep eBay a top shopping destination we must choose safety over visibility and nip this in the bud. We recognize for some of you this may be an unwelcome limitation but we hope you'll support our putting more muscle into fraud prevention.

Seller Update: Fees, Rewards & Standards

eBay buyers want value and selection from sellers they can trust--and good sellers deserve rewards for delivering great customer service. That's why we're making a number of important changes that may affect you:

Reduced Listing Fees

You asked, we listened. We're reducing Insertion Fees and adjusting Final Value Fees to lower your up-front cost to sell on eBay. You wanted free Gallery, now you've got it--plus more feature discounts.

Lower Insertion Fees

Making Gallery free

Lower fees for Gallery Plus, Picture Pack, and Feature Plus

Rewards for great sellers

There will be discounts and incentives for those who satisfy customers best. Who decides who gets rewarded? Customers do, by giving sellers high Detailed Seller Ratings (DSRs).

More search exposure through Best Match

Fee discounts for PowerSellers

Increased protection for PowerSellers

Feedback Changes

Significant changes coming soon will increase buyer confidence and showcase good sellers.

Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.

Positive repeat customer Feedback will count and Feedback more than 12 months old won't.

Negative and neutral Feedback left by the buyer will be removed for transactions in which a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) or if the member is suspended.

For more details on how these changes may affect you, attend a special Seller Webinar at 10:00 a.m. this Friday, February 1. You may also see announcements from eBay executives on the Announcement Board.

nice for buyers. They can screw us til the cows come home,not pay us,leave negative feedback,and there isn't a thing we can do except file a non-paying strike.

However,while we may not be able to leave a NEG feedback,we can say anything in the feedback that we want.

personally, I think this sucks. It isn't the BUYER who pays the ebay fees,it's the SELLER. WE are the ones who make the money for ebay.

Once again,the ebay screw.

Joe leave neutral feedback.ebay has a new 2nd type of feedback that sellers really need to keep high, search results will depend on how high it is. you can then give him low scores in that the seller cant see how you rate your experance. I always said the seller should have to leave feedback first, as you filled your part of the bargin by sending payment, sellers that wait to leave feedback until i do get no feedback from me even if its good. The heat press I just ordered on there left me feedback the night I paid thats a good seller!

Guest Terry

I would also take desktop pictures of your feedback rating score now... So you could post it on your items for buyers or sellers to see before ebay changes your stuff ;D be sure it shows the date on your computer tool bar. Just a thought?;D?? :P

they've already changed it. Before, I had almost 1600 positives. Now it shows just under 1000.

Hey Joe! I'm in the same boat. I ordered some corperate logos so I could do a sign,from someone in canada, The shipping said same day. Its been over 2 wks. I live in colorado & still havent got them. I emailed the guy & he said normal shipping from canada is  5--14 days ( not what was advertised). If I ever get what I ordered I'm going to leave negative feedback. I belive people should do what they say . Sorry that happened to you ,You seem like a great guy! At least from what I've read of all your posts!   Good luck

Norm

canada post is garbage, it is not likely his fault... it may have been stopped in customs...

Joe, I have to say that this is something that we tend to do.  I was scared for a second that you might be talking about us, but it seems from the thread that it is not.  I would have to say, it is a very difficult situation for the seller.  eBay has about a million rules and they constantly seem to change.  From a manager's perspective it is difficult to educate your staff on how to deal with every little situation.  I myself being in charge, only now after reading your post, recognize the hardship that the situation causes you.  I just assumed that the refund would place the money back into your eBay account and as such, you could use it to make another payment.

The problem for the seller lies in that eBay has had very strict rules on which transactions it protects and which ones it does not.  If your transaction is not protected, you will almost always loose if the buyer makes and accusation of wrong-doing.  And the transaction will not be protected unless the seller refund payment and it is made over again.  So sellers have had to be extra cautious about which transactions they accept (and this is especially true of high value items).  Between trying to take care of all the nuances of eBay (which is like hearding cats), it is easy to let some things slip through the cracks - especially when you are trying to be efficient and automate certain parts of your business.  I would guess that while the situation is frustrating, it is more the fault of eBay for not having a consistent and easy way for seller to do business rather than the fault of the seller (who is probably a perfectly legitimate seller trying to provide the best product that they can).  If it were me, I would take it easy on the seller.

- Marcus

Today I bought something on ebay. Before paying I contacted the seller and asked if he ship stuff to PR and how much would be and we set everything. I paid it in the morning. About 2 hours ago I received an email from the seller saying Paypal couldnt recognize my address so he refunded the money, just like that, he didnt ask to see if there was a mistake or if I wanted my item shipped somewhere else. He just decided he would refund the money and didnt look for options. The thing is that it didnt cost $5, it was $300, now those $300 are in hold for 3 to 5 days.

Im really dissapointed, he didnt try anything.

I never leave negative feedback If I dont like something, lets say slow shipping or seller communication I just tell the seller and ignore the feedback, but this time I got mad for this issue.

Now I have to find $300 more dollars if I want a similar item fast or wait up to 6 days.

Too Bad.

JC

well said,Marcus!

Joe,you can blame Paypal (ebay) for tying up your money for 3-5 days.That's another one of their new rules.

No, Marcus it is not you.

USCutter offers a great service, plus I belong to this forums and whenever I buy something else from you I know I hame many ways to get to you before I purchase and I know everything is going to be well set and there will be no doubts.

It happened when I bouth the cutter and it aso happened when I bouth the replacement strip and I know it will happen each and everytime I do business with USCutter.

The thing is that I dont buy a thing without asking first. Being from Puerto Rico makes it difficult because some sellers consider us part of the USA other dont, sometimes we are international others we are not, so before I buy anything I always ask and this was the case with the seller. We had more than one conversation and we set everything.

I began to think it was a shipping cost mistake because shipping for the item to the Continental USA is $99.99 and I asked how much it would be to PR and he said $99.99 also. When I got the answer I asked if he was sure about it and he replied that the price was right. That is very strange and I was expecting a higher cost, but I paid, then he did what he did.

My guess is that the shipping cost was higher and he didnt want to assume the cost difference or didnt dare to face me with it, after all I did ask and it was his mistake. So he preffered to refund the money.  Tha is the impression it gave me.

John, I dont blame the seller for the money being held. Im just mad at him for what he did (or in this case what he didnt do). Because we had a great communication all the time, but then when it was time to refund the money he didnt say before doing it. He didnt even asked my correct address or anything. I understand it was an expensive item, but he could have looked at my buyer feedback and stuff you know.

Joe

Guest Terry

Funny Joe, I got your shirt in just a few days delivered.