frizz6907

T-shirt examples...without having to make the actual shirt

I want to be able to show my shirt designs on my Facebook page without having to actually make the shirts. I use SCAL3 pro and I have Photoshop CS6. I'm VERY new to photoshop, so be detailed. 

I've attached a design and a basic image of a shirt. I don't know enough about Photoshop to be able to overlay the text and have it look decent. Maybe there's a totally different way??? I have no clue!!

What's the easiest/fastest to put my designs on a shirt?

Thanks!!

post-86813-0-44351400-1409071094_thumb.j

post-86813-0-75965400-1409071105_thumb.j

When I need a proof like that I just do it in my design program. I use inkscape and just put the design on top of what you want. Its simple. Then just save it. I don't use scal but if it doesn't save as a jpeg or other useful file format just use an online file converter to change it to jpeg.

• Like 1

Ok, so I should download inkscape? I export my designs from SCAL as jpeg, but I have a white background. If I overlay it on something it would still have a white box.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Sorry it came out so small but use a template like this and go from there. this was done in scalp 3, export as jpeg.

Donn

It has the white box because your saving it as a jpeg. 

Here are the steps. Since I dont use scal they might be different.

Make your design. Just as you would cut it. Like that text.

In the same file, import the picture of the shirt.

Lay your design on top of your shirt

Save the whole thing as a jpeg.

Drink beer

Id recommend saving your design as a vector before you add the shirt so you still have a cuttable version. 

And you can download inkscape if you want but im sure scal can handle this task.

• Like 1

Ok, so I should download inkscape? I export my designs from SCAL as jpeg, but I have a white background. If I overlay it on something it would still have a white box.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I use a software called t-shirt mockup. I did this with it you can change the color of the shirts.

post-42519-0-22857700-1409073776_thumb.j

• Like 2

I use a software called t-shirt mockup. I did this with it you can change the color of the shirts.

I'll have to look into that

• Like 1

There is still a white background on the t-shirts

Go to www.images.google.com   type in the color shirt (charcoal tshirt template) you will be using.  Save that image to your computer.  Then open up SCAL.  Click file, place image.  Then find that tshirt from google images on your computer.   And then add your text design.  If I"m making a shirt for myself, I would measure my shoulder to shoulder dimension and then scale the shirt in SCAL.  Then once you put your text , you can scale it to the exact look and actual size and you're ready to cut.  ps:  Don't forget to mirror / flip that image before you cut it.    This method works great for text on actual walls, vehicles, etc. You can take a picture and upload it to your SCAL.  Potential customers love it.  Let me know if you need any help.  

30-284,I snagged a copy of the template,Thanks!! djque, thanks for the you tube link,it was very helpful!!!

You can use photoshop since you have it. I do it with CS6...

Save the text as a jpeg- open in photoshop- creat a layer- use magic wand to delete the white space.

Open your shirt image in another pane--- literally click and drag your text onto the shirt- resize as necessary.

There are tutorials on you tube- remove white space

You can use photoshop since you have it. I do it with CS6... Save the text as a jpeg- open in photoshop- creat a layer- use magic wand to delete the white space. Open your shirt image in another pane--- literally click and drag your text onto the shirt- resize as necessary. There are tutorials on you tube- remove white space

If you save the design in PNG file format it won't have the white background and will save you a step.

i use SCAL for my mock-ups. Like LP said.

i also use Inkscape. colors look better on mockup in Ink. 

Here is a good tutorial that I gave a friend when he was trying to do the same. It is exactly the same way I do mine but I also include a bump layer as well for the waves. This is using photoshop.

Link to the tutorial here

Hope this helps!

I do a lot of these and have settled in on a little simpler than complicated. I typically either use 

This one:

http://www.t-shirt-template.com/vector-tshirt-model-template/

or probably more common I download a pic of the actual shirt from Sanmar or where ever I am getting the shirt from and place in right on there so they have about the most realistic view you can get with the least effort. 

• Like 1

I find myself copying and pasting images from Sanmar all the time. Just lay the design on top and send a low res proof.

• Like 1

I find myself copying and pasting images from Sanmar all the time. Just lay the design on top and send a low res proof.

This is an area where the mac computer really comes in handy. The keystroke Comm+Shift+4 pulls up a little target that you can drag out a box and do a precise screen capture that saves to your desktop and works perfectly to get the pic without the added things around the edges. 

• Like 1

with pc I just right click and either copy or save image as. I know that this doesn't work with all web based pics but it works fine for sanmar. If it weren't for replacing all my software I may have made the switch to mac the instant I started using windows 8.

windows has the Snipping Tool program that does the same thing as Wildgoose suggested on a mac

" or probably more common I download a pic of the actual shirt from Sanmar or where ever I am getting the shirt from and place in right on there so they have about the most realistic view you can get with the least effort.  "

dear wild goose,

am a non-techie, just a t-shirt vendor.

i went to sanmar and saved one pic.

i have another photo saved from google images.... a quote from einstein.. which is in jpg.

pls elaborate how i can superimpose the quote on the shirt.  i suppose when i save this combination, it will also be in jpg?

thanks for your kind assistance.

mark