Sign in to follow this  
Capt'n Morgan

Setting Up My Small Shop

I had to use and make due with what space I have so down in the basement I had a sports room in the theme of Michigan. The room is 14X16 and is probably puny compared to all of your shops but this is the best I can do without putting on a major rehab. I the Adjoining room I have pleanty of shelf space for storage and inventory but for the most part this is the room I will be working in. All of my Printers and Computer and plotter is protected by a CYBER POWER 1500va Surge Suppressor UPS unit that is hooked into the USB jack and when it senses power failure it will shut the Computer off safely in 5 minutes and when it does after that it disconnects power from everything that is UPS protected. The Computer is Home Built by me and Hooked into my network along with three other computers. My wife and I will be making Decals under 2' ft and will be doing Sublimation of Apparel and other Items along with Coffee mugs. We also will be sandblasting glassware and Stones but the dedicated sandblasting Equipment will be located in my Garage. Yeah I know its small but its comfortable. Well there it is so watcha think? :rolleyes:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

• Like 4

Looks umm what's that word... organized lol. I couldn't take it I already want to move stuff just because lol

• Like 1

Looks nice and almost big enough!  About the same size or a little bigger than my shop.  I have the same toaster oven you do!

• Like 1

Looks good and efficient, how about a hanging bar style glass rack to free up storage space under the big bench? The only thing that sticks out is the warm white bulb in the Michigan lamp, but I'm a lighting guy and vinyl is a hobby for me;)

Looks great. I wish I had one room I could devote to everything.  I am split up between the dining room, basement and garage.

I'm so glad someone finally posted their workspace!  Nice ideas.  I added several things to my wish list seeing your set up.

Way too neat & organized!

Wish my space looked like that!

Sue2

• Like 1

How can you expect anyone to take that shop seriously when it doesn't have 8,347 scrap pieces of vinyl stuck on the floor and wadded up backing paper overflowing the trashcans, etc?

You don't even have any of the noob designs that nearly every new vinyl cutter feels obligated to cut and hang on the wall, or on their cutter.

I don't even see one "Calvin peeing on something" decal anywhere...

Seriously, though, I wish my area was half that well organized...

• Like 7

Looks really nice in there. It looks about the same size I work in but you got a hell of a lot more going on in there. LOL.

nice.

jealous of your square footage.  I'm in a 10 x 11 bedroom that does double duty. Its the major reason I don't get a heat press.

You have so much more room for  equipment than I do.

But seriously, Dukem  we have the same stapler. :lol: 

seriously, how do you get anything done in that space? If I knew how to work in that kind of organization, I might clean up a little around here. 

• Like 1

:thumbsup:   Thanks to all, I appreciate your comments as it inspires me.  Well I don't do nothing or know nothing in comparison to all of you folks as I am just starting out, no doubt about it, but what I do know and have learned over the years of having a HVAC Business and A Garage Shop is things get messy and production suffers from running around trying to find what you have. And we all know that sooner or later your going to finally hafta clean that shop! (we all know that right)?   :rolleyes:   Well after many years I figure it should be sooner than later because later usually takes longer, and makes a person frustrated, & pissed off, and all kinda stuff can happen, It can ruin your day or a weekend.....  Remember my better half MaryJane is the other 1/2 of this operation and we don't need being all rowled up at each other! After 32 years I also learned that happy wife means happy LIFE!  Now lets get real here..............why in the hell would I want to jeopardize getting some night night sugar?   ;)

So there ya go, We take the 10 -15 to 20 minutes and pick up after ourselves. In efforts to stay productive and keep things real around the house. I retire in 3 months, and we will be spending even more time together in our little shop so that will mean even more scrap will be generated.

Thanks  "GO BLUE"  B)