Sign in to follow this  
KeystoneChuck

Sign Blazer not cutting project

I have had my cutter (PCut) for almost five years now with the occasional hicup. I just ran into a problem where my project stopped cutting in the middle of the design. I was doing a 34" long saying and it stopped about 22" into it. Thought it was hiccup and moved on. Noticed it is only cutting when you send it to cutter and it gives you a display of the cutter with the item being cut the rest where it is past the cutter (right side/infeed roller) is not being cutting. I foung that if i press the "cut" again that it continues but where it stopped it cuts completly vertcally through all my letters. This is something new to me. I have in the past cut tons of 96" long banner/truck graphics in one cutting with no problem. I recently had US Cutter talk me through an update of SignBlazer software because of the "count down timer" issue. No count down timer (was up tp 800 for past year) but know this. Any help out there before I call US Cutter?

Check your material size in the Cut Setup screen. It sounds like it is breaking it up into "Tiles".

• Like 2

I have not cut anything yet but I believe you did it. With the update there were some suttle changes in the software which I learned what to do with. I remember I was having a bugger of a time trying to get it to cut and I changed my vinyl size to 15" x 25". 99.9% of the stuff I cut today is 24" and under. I went to pretend cut a 36" long banner and went to cutter setup and it was set at 15" x 25" with a good chunk of the graphic on the right side of the cutter (where I'm having problem). Switch to 15" x 37" vinyl size and re-loaded graphic to cut and it looks good. Thanks again Jay2703. You gotta love this forum when they can trobleshoot in seconds. Wish life had a forum haha

• Like 1